Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sig Sauer P226 X-Five CO2 Blowback

I have had one of these for a month now and yes, it is a great fun gun. Basically it started life as a 6mm airsoft and was re engineered with a 4.5 mm barrel and magazine. Crazy thing is that you can't buy the 6mm version unless you are a re-enactor or airsofter and this is a less powerful gun!
    I get around 3+ mags per capsule, although I normally do not load up more than 15 bbs per mag. If you blast away all the magazine quickly, you can cool the system down considerably and loose power.
    My RFD charged me £127 and I picked it up directly from him and he ordered direct from SMK I think so no extra charges in the link.
    This is a pistol that I can highly recommend.
    Last edited by robbie_b; 30-10-2010 at 12:43 PM.

At last!!! After 4 months of trying to find one of these I finally picked one up from Mcavoys this morning.

Not tried it yet as I am now at work and such things would not go down too well in the office.

Anyhoo, £99 well spent and the service was far better than all of the other RFDs I had tried to get one of these from (as it always is at Mcavoys)

Well Blooregard that was a long wait but I'm sure you won't be dissapointed with the pistol. A bit cold at the moment to get the full performance though. Have Fun!

p226 x five

hi i have one it is excellent .it strips down and has a good weight and feel and i have the gsg 92 a beretta coppy that is made like the sig they are both well worth getting as for smk phone them up as they are crop at getting back to you with email.atb mark

i'm also planning a trip to tim's for one of these but have we come to any sort of conclusion about the lead balls? yes or no through this gun?

Quote Originally Posted by spaspecker View Post
    i'm also planning a trip to tim's for one of these but have we come to any sort of conclusion about the lead balls? yes or no through this gun?
    Barrel wont take lead ball, as they are larger than 'bb'. The mag will, so don't try it as you will jam the pistol.

Agreed, they do not work.

I dont think its to do with the size but rather the action deforming them slightly as it cycles. They work find in my PPK/S but this doesn't chamber the ball so there is no deforming.

Even firing copper this is my favourite pistol to shoot, its as close as I can remember to firing a handgun without the expense or heavy recoil. I hope that spare magazines become available for it.

I'll certainly be investing in a GSG92 in a couple of weeks.

EDIT : The leads balls are definately bigger than the copper so not worth trying.

thanks for the response, I was under the impression that .177 lead ball was the same size as .177 copper/steel bb, as lead goes through the dan wesson just fine - the sig will now probably have to wait as I have nowhere to shoot steel/copper yet