Thread: Good air pistol

Good air pistol

I am looking for an accurate , quality air pistol in a 22 (177 are fiddley small for me) can anyone recommend a reliable (multi shot if possible pcp) etc for target shooting 10-25yards. What else is there out there? It has been a while since i had a good pistol ? ATB

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Rohm (single or double action 8 shot) or Steyr (semi-auto 5 shot) depending on funds,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Rohm (single or double action 8 shot) or Steyr (semi-auto 5 shot) depending on funds,
    Regards,
    Nick

I am pretty sure neither are available in .22 Nick ?

As to the original question it would depend on funds, exactly what type of 'target' you are shooting and what you want to do

Lee
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    True but .177 isn't fiddly when you load mags off the gun, you can get quick loaders for Rohms so you never have to manually place a pellet in a mag and you could get them made for a Steyr quite easily, then it's less fiddly than single shot .22.
    You're looking at a Falcon or similar if you want to go .22 PCA multi and you'd have to be happy with operating the bolt for each shot - you might as well have a rifle!

Seriously, quick loaders solve the fiddly pellet bit and you get better guns with faster and flatter trajectory
    ATB,
    Nick
    Last edited by magicniner; 01-01-2011 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Added info
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

You could also have a look at the Brocock and FX airpistols.
    Prabhath.

Target shooting

TBH I would have thought for target shooting a multi shot would be the last thing you want, single pellet side arms are much more accurate generally. For plinking at less than 10m any CO2 multi is fine

Webley Alecto .22

Webley Alecto .22

Self contained, accurate, variable power, ok trigger and sights, great value, well balanced, decent grips, etc.

PCP's I'd suggest - Falcon FN8 or Brocock Atomic/Grand Prix

Ian
    http://www.dukinfieldagc.org.uk/
    Dukinfield Air Gun Club
    Stockfield Mill, Chadderton, OL9 9EW

Quote Originally Posted by tayloriand View Post
    Webley Alecto .22

Self contained, accurate, variable power, ok trigger and sights, great value, well balanced, decent grips, etc.

PCP's I'd suggest - Falcon FN8 or Brocock Atomic/Grand Prix

Ian
    The falcon i tried, just a little over priced , although the aimX is superb. I may have found just what im looking for

Rifles are for live ratty quarry,

But if you potted and missed you would end up with a ratty roof

Not to put a fine point on it Gent's,

Pistols are for fun plinking/target, Only!

Diggermad, read this bit at the top of the forum..

The place to discuss air pistols, air pistol target shooting and plinking. Anyone posting about hunting in this section will lose access.
    and listen to the good advice of your fellow shooters. Another post like it and you will lose access to this section.

BRNO Chameleon .22 very accurate and powerful
    http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/a...r1/001-101.jpg

I have the brocock atomic, the falcon FN8 and a FX ranchero all in .22. The falcon I use the most but my I do like the ranchero the best. The atomic has no option for silencer and no space for scope as the rear sight is fixed and not removable, as it seems on most promo pictures. The falcon is a lovely pistol, well ballanced and put together with a lovely finnish. The ranchero seems more like a small carbine rifle and I love the shape of grip. Built in pressure guage, threaded wather barrel and the smoothest action ,obviously the same as the cyclone rifle. The only let down is its a bit front heavy but still 9 out of 10 for me.