Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: which boots??

La Crosse and Rocky Hunting boots. Never had them leak and as warm as toast. Pain to remove quietly when returning from a late foray. I used to use wellies (neoprine lined) but after my feet warmed up, the boots developed a squeek. This has happened with two different pairs.

billjones Guest

Which boots do people wear

Quote Originally Posted by kiriak
    When you bought your boots from Cabelas, were the American sizes the same as English sizes.
    Did you have any problems importing, or paying for the boots

was going to buy some shooting type wellies but have just seen the price!!!! they having a laugh!!!?
    will stick to pro boots!
    what about in the summer(well the dry bit in august anyway) anybody else wear trainers?i like the "feel "they give on the twigs.

scotty
    "stuff" is just"stuff" but happieness is hard to find!

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.

Thumbs up

Ive allways worn German para boots,hard as nails and last for ages.I must get myself some more.

Been wearing, nike sharks, big cleats great in soft stuff,good ankle support not waterproof tho.
    ENGLISHMAN

chinstrap Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scottywong
    was going to buy some shooting type wellies but have just seen the price!!!! they having a laugh!!!?
    will stick to pro boots!
    what about in the summer(well the dry bit in august anyway) anybody else wear trainers?i like the "feel "they give on the twigs.

scotty
    i wear trainers wherever possible,just for the comfort really.i believe they are so much quieter than anything else tried.
    so the weather has to be pretty damned miserable to make me wear something different.but i only shoot golf courses though(no farmland yet)so its not that big a problem

I have used fully sprung fell boots all my life, preferably Hoggs, for everything. Hunting, Beating, Flanking, Dog Training Trialing and yes Shooting. A good dose of Ko Cao Line and Neatsfoot, and they were as waterproof as any modern material.

But the last pair I had were utter S***e. Apparently since Bovine Spungiform Encephalopathy, and Aphthovirus, there are no Beasts over 30 months old, to get any decent leather from.

So I have had to resort to a pair of Meindle Gore Tex jobs. As they are only one season old, the jury is still out.
    Robin

Try a pair of Brasher supa lite's
    Plenty of grip and ankle support ,but the lightest (IMO ) leather boots you can buy ,like wearing carpet slippers.

billjones,

you have a PM

Kirk
    After all that is said and done - More is said, than done!

http://www.burgessae.co.uk/Eshop/

Scottywong try these. Got some myself for when its really muddy and cold. Close fitting so dont slap about and very warm with just a standard pair of socks.
    Good price and more than comparable in performamce with le chemeau boots at a fraction of the cost.
    Last edited by tsuobi; 16-02-2005 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tsuobi
    http://www.burgessae.co.uk/Eshop/

Scottywong try these. Got some myself for when its really muddy and cold. Close fitting so dont slap about and very warm with just a standard pair of socks.
    Good price and more than comparable in performamce with le chemeau boots at a fraction of the cost.

cheers tsuobi!they look i deal warm as well.

scotty

Scottywong. Got the Muckboot Tay. Comparable in performance to the Wetland(http://www.muckbootcompany.com/catal...87ebde971b29b6.) according to the lady at Burgess' so very warm even when hide shooting. Look at the FAQ on the Muck boot site for sizing details.
    As I said earlier they dont flap about like normal wellies as they fit snug around the calf and you dont need 3 pairs of socks to keep you feet warm. My shoots involve a lot of walking and the usual sore heel condition with wellies is no more.
    You may be able to get a local saddlery shop to get you some as the horsey set use the equestrian varieties a lot but I found no where local to me that matched Burgess'
    Very happy with them.
    I also use the Magnum Elite boots in less muddy conditions. Light and waterproof(for those wet grass mornings)

cheers sounds good will get the woman to have a look next time she gets stuff for her nags!!
    they look dead goodand should be quiet.

cheers again
    scotty

I prefer to wear sandals whenever conditions permit.

I also carry a pair of trainers or walking shoes in the car, in case they are needed.

For me comfort is the most important aspect. Waterproofing, protection from snakes, etc. is secondary.

For some reason, I have never felt comfortable with boots.

Rustam

I'm trying to find a retailer of these that isn't 250 miles away. I could order a size 8 and size 9, then return the unwanted one(s), but would prefer to 'try and buy' in a shop.

Anyone seen these in the London/Home counties area?

If I get them sent from mailorder company I need them to pick the phone up or return my call......

Humble Pie time......

Country Supplies just rang back. (Very quick). Very helpful. Seems these boots are very popular. What a surprise! Ideal wet/cold winter boot.
    Last edited by Baldie; 17-02-2005 at 02:06 PM.
    To be good, one must do good.