Thread: Osprey piston O rings

Osprey piston O rings

In a recent post, Guy (ggggr) said that he had replaced the original piston rings on a Webley Osprey with O rings but could not remember the size. I have recently done just that to very good effect. I used O rings from a 'selection box' I bought at a GameFair but which are readily available on the 'auction site' or via good tool shops for about £10 for several hundred rings of various sizes.
    I used ring identity AS116 that is 19mm id, 24od and 2.5mm section.
    Maybe this is useful to someone.....

Cheers, Phil

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    In a recent post, Guy (ggggr) said that he had replaced the original piston rings on a Webley Osprey with O rings but could not remember the size. I have recently done just that to very good effect. I used O rings from a 'selection box' I bought at a GameFair but which are readily available on the 'auction site' or via good tool shops for about £10 for several hundred rings of various sizes.
    I used ring identity AS116 that is 19mm id, 24od and 2.5mm section.
    Maybe this is useful to someone.....

Cheers, Phil
    That sounds right Phil but I think maybe 2.4mm ( sure the place said they do them)section would be a touch easier to fit. On my £5 Hawk I used one O ring in the front groove and one of the original Webley Ptfe rings in the rear one. I think this probaly only serves for holding a touch of oil. I sent Airgunner .177 this set up and he is happy with it. I think he is getting 10.5ish ftlb. My hawk is doing 9.25 with an old spring and actually feels a lot less.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"