Thread: Has anybody else got one of these ?

Has anybody else got one of these ?

Gonna sell some of the rifles i do not use on a regular basis . one of which is my Airmasters Short Action ,John Welham stocked Shamal . now before i say in print " one of the few left of these superb rifles" has anybody else got one i wonder . if so speak up or for ever hold your piece ??? HOLLY

53 views ?

53 views and no reply's .Excellent . rarer and rarer ??? HOLLY

150 Views .

And no replys . when i took my NJR in for a new reg to Welhams . i took the shamal with me .dave was amazed that A/ there were any still left and B/ that the rifle was still shooting well over the chrono . he had not had any back to him . so maybe it is the ONLY one left ??? HOLLY

Shamal

Pictures just might help us out here. I am wondering what it looks like. Howard5760

Hi chaps,

I don't know anything about the Shamal...but, a while back, I was asked to host some pics of a Shamal with an prototype/homebrewed multishot system...

pic1
    pic2
    pic3

I can't remember who actually owned this gun, but it was up for sale at the time...perhaps a search of the forum is in order...

EDIT: Yep, plenty of threads turn up on a forum search for Shamal...including the original thread with the multishot...
    Last edited by DCL_dave; 24-01-2011 at 08:45 AM.
    blah blah

Do you mean a Welham converted Shamal or just any Shamal?

I had a short action Welham conversion but sold it some time back:

http://www.airrifle.co.za/picture.ph...pictureid=8645

I still have my original Shamal, my first pre-charged rifle, which I bought brand new in 1989. Since then it has had an Olympic trigger unit fitted, quick fill system, lever bolt, factory target stock and latterly a regulator added. Still shoots very well:

http://www.airrifle.co.za/picture.ph...pictureid=7192

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi Holl. I've loads of these, how many do you want ??? ... Ha ha ha. Hens teeth spring to mind mate . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by rockdrill View Post
    Do you mean a Welham converted Shamal or just any Shamal?

I had a short action Welham conversion but sold it some time back:

http://www.airrifle.co.za/picture.ph...pictureid=8645

I still have my original Shamal, my first pre-charged rifle, which I bought brand new in 1989. Since then it has had an Olympic trigger unit fitted, quick fill system, lever bolt, factory target stock and latterly a regulator added. Still shoots very well:

http://www.airrifle.co.za/picture.ph...pictureid=7192
    No i am talking dave welham , john welham Airmasters shamal . that is the same action as mine as far as i can see . but the stock is a john welham one . the lines of the early john welham stocks were very simple . before that it had been springers 77s and such . i have never seen one from that period that looked like that . plus if john did the stock he usualy put a cocking lever on the bolt . in brass mostly . they are on my shamal and my GC2 . but having said that a very usuable FT rifle . if some body can send there e-mail addy . i will e-mail em a couple of pics . that they can post for me perhaps . as i am computer illiterate ???HOLLY PS oh and i should have added the butts were very long .
    Last edited by scimitar; 24-01-2011 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scimitar View Post
    No i am talking dave welham , john welham Airmasters shamal . that is the same action as mine as far as i can see . but the stock is a john welham one . the lines of the early john welham stocks were very simple . before that it had been springers 77s and such . i have never seen one from that period that looked like that . plus if john did the stock he usualy put a cocking lever on the bolt . in brass mostly . they are on my shamal and my GC2 . but having said that a very usuable FT rifle . if some body can send there e-mail addy . i will e-mail em a couple of pics . that they can post for me perhaps . as i am computer illiterate ???HOLLY
    PS when i spoke with richard welham on here , he reckoned that there were less than thirty airmasters Shamals made . how many of them were short action he did not know . how many originals are left in the john welham stocks . not many ??? HOLLY

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Hi Holl. I've loads of these, how many do you want ??? ... Ha ha ha. Hens teeth spring to mind mate . Atb: G.
    Gareth . i wil take as many as you have got ??? HOLLY

We have a series 100 rifle that has been 'short actioned'. Superficially it looks like the photo Rockdrill posted, including the muzzle break (is it one?) but has a standard SM100 stock. Many brass bits including a plate on the underside with a sling swivel fitted, brass cylinder band to fix stock to action, long side bolt with ball end etc and a fully adjustable trigger. Somehow I doubt if it is a collectable Shamal or Welham though ... it is unregulated and the cylinder was shortened and lost the removable end plug of a standard 100. When we found the rifle it was covered in cammo tape so the bluing is still very good. The insides had been meddled with though and it took me a while to sort them out.. but hopefully I have done so and the rifle (.177) is very consistent around 760fps with a fill of 140bar.
    Cheers, Phil

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by scimitar View Post
    Gareth . i wil take as many as you have got ??? HOLLY
    Wot you gonna do with 37 of 'em ??? Want them wrapped ???

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

NO ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Wot you gonna do with 37 of 'em ??? Want them wrapped ???
    No mate . i am gonna bin em them . then i have the only one around ??? HOLLY