Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beware Hampshire pistol shooters

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    The Police are there to protect us not themselves.
    wrong they are there to protect EVERYONE including themselves

every one has the inherent right to self defence using any means necessary as long as it is proportional and with no more force than necessary
    Cheers Lloyd

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    PUT THE GUN DOWN

PUT THE GUN DOWN

BANG

BANG BANG BANG

It really isn't unreasonable if you think about it.
    As a society if we wanted to look after mentally ill people better we should look carefully at the Care In The Community bolleau but we'd all have to pay more tax to fund a solution.
    The not very smart? well, if all youngsters were taught how to shoot and had to learn safety & range ettiquette first they'd have a better chance, even if they were thick.
    As for anyone else - Suicide By Cop anyone?
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

ER -not in the case of the perfectly innocent Mr. Menendez Nick.
    Anyway if you brandished your Anics they would just laugh at you " that aint going to work mate"

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    ER -not in the case of the perfectly innocent Mr. Menendez Nick.
    Anyway if you brandished your Anics they would just laugh at you " that aint going to work mate"
    Ah, but now you're moving off the topic of discussion you started which was about replica pistols and realistic air pistols in public, nice try but I'm not wearing it

Menendez was an operational FUBAR laced with incompetence right from the top but was nothing to do with a menber of public holding anything like a gun - a bunch of incompetents mistook him for a terrorist. Still, you've got to ask yourself, would it have happened if he'd not been here illegally?

Next!

Shirley you are upset about my unprovoked dig at your Anics?

Shirley you are upset about my unprovoked dig at your Anics?
    It's a fair cop

But society is to blame

And don't call me Shirley - that's my aunt's name
    Regards,
    Nick

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    This copper sounds a bit loony to me. Does he hang around in gunshops having a go at strangers on his day off?

Nobody pointed anything at this Officer.
    You must have forgotten what you said in your opening post

This gentleman objects to the sale of realistic BB pistols and allegedly told some "perfectly respectable polite well dressed adults" who were buying one that he would shoot them without hesitation if he saw them pointing one at him.

Quote Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
    This copper sounds a bit loony to me. Does he hang around in gunshops having a go at strangers on his day off?
    ....and then writing in to Sporting Shooter to further let the public know of his distaste for these dangerous "replica's".

I doubt it has any thing to do with the fear of having one pointed at him - as has been said; the correct response in that situation is for two in the body and one in the head (or whatever his training manual dictates).

It's probably more to do with his personal distaste for the general public (read as: "potential perps"), having access to guns that might make his job more difficult - reports of "a hand gun" by a MOP now require x number of armed coppers with x number of pages of report to write and with helicopter time and cost thrown in too. Either that or he just likes to tell other people what to do?

There used to be a time when there were more firearms in circulation owned by the untrustworthy general public, and more realistic toys than children can have today!

I fully remember the 1970's and playing with a very realistic (certainly by today's standards), full size metal (at least it seemed full size at the time!), snub nosed revolver cap gun.
    Whilst walking through my local town I'd be merrily slotting all passing pedestrians and motorists - and guess what - there were no cars swerving out of the way crashing in flames, nor were there people running off to phone the local constabulary - it was normal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMqd5EQXD-g

This is just another example of one man's self important cockery done under the pretence of "public safety" and "my special job makes me special" crap that we seemingly have to endure more and more of, whilst common sense seems to evaporate at an exponential rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Minuteman View Post
    There used to be a time when there were more firearms in circulation owned by the untrustworthy general public, and more realistic toys than children can have today!

I fully remember the 1970's and playing with a very realistic (certainly by today's standards), full size metal (at least it seemed full size at the time!), snub nosed revolver cap gun.
    Whilst walking through my local town I'd be merrily slotting all passing pedestrians and motorists - and guess what - there were no cars swerving out of the way crashing in flames, nor were there people running off to phone the local constabulary - it was normal!
    Oh happy days. I well remember spending whole days in the early 1960s with my trusty Lone Star Apache in its holster strapped to my leg and wandering the streets upholding law and order. The marauding bin men were the worst, shoot half a dozen caps at them and did the dustcart crash? No! All the bin men hid behind it and fired back with lots of "bangs" and "peows".
    Where did society go wrong?
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Troubled shooter. He said IF someone pointed one at him.

Rayee is offline I don't need a gun; I've got an attack butterfly.
    You surprise me chaps.
    !. This man made his comments to upstanding citizens making a lawful purchase.
    That solicitor that was killed was 'upstanding'. Means nowt.
    2. Why would he assume that such a purchase would be pointed at him?
    He didn't assume, he said 'if', he was commenting on the realism.
    3. A Firearms Officer should know which guns are likely to be replicas and act accordingly.
    Twaddle. 'likely' doesn't come into a 'shoot or not' situation. If something that could quite possibly be a firearm, is pointed at an armed policeman, BANG the armed policeman will shoot.
    4. Caution ,a close cousin of hesitation should be uppermost in a Firearms Officers mind
    Twaddle

To my mind too many effectively unarmed people are shot dead by armed police in this country.
    Naive. Of course, NO unarmed person should be shot dead! but if they behave in a way that looks like they are armed, they run a risk of being shot.
    Nobody pointed anything at this Officer.
    And nobody was killed.
    Also I am not aware of split second decisions being taken in these cases.
    They usually go on for a while and then an unarmed person dies.
    Its the mindset that worries me. Is it really ok for an armed policeman in full body armour to kill a not very bright youngster holding a bb gun?
    Twaddle. No it isn't ok, obviously. But regardless if age or IQ, if someone is behaving threateningly with what appears to be a firearm, they will quite rightly be killed before they kill someone innocent. It's only after the corpse has been disarmed that we can be 100% sure of what he is holding.

Such outrage, and naivity.
    Ginger, grow up, get real. There actually are armed nutters out there. Police don't have the luxury of waiting for a nutter to pull a trigger, in case that first shot kills someone innocent
    Last edited by Rayee; 05-02-2011 at 10:09 PM.

Ok Rayee. I wiil grow up get real and try to stop being naive.
    I will also keep a look out for armed nutters -maybe more of them in Brighton than around here.
    Last edited by gingernut; 05-02-2011 at 06:34 PM.