Thread: HW45 scope rails.

HW45 scope rails.

I have one of the newer models with the white dots on the open sights.I fancy a holographic sight which has a 11mm mount.
    I had a HW45 many years ago and had a job to find anything to fit as the rails were not standard size.
    Have the rail sizes changed over the years?,this one looks about 12mm or slightly less.

13mm rails on 45's

Yes,that's what I thought,my old one was certainly bigger than this one.I just got someone to have a look at it and they measured it at 11mm bottom and 13mm top and their 11mm mounted red dot went straight on.Confusing!!

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by pcusername View Post
    Yes,that's what I thought,my old one was certainly bigger than this one.I just got someone to have a look at it and they measured it at 11mm bottom and 13mm top and their 11mm mounted red dot went straight on.Confusing!!
    Was it centered though?
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Yes,it was.Iv'e just found an old 11mm single mount and that fits.They must have changed the size as I remember having to "adjust" the jaw widths on mounts to fit years ago.
    I have trawled the net and there are conflicting opinions,some say 11mm,some 12mm and others 13mm.
    I don't suppose it matters now as 11mm fits mine but it could have been an expensive mistake getting the wrong size optics.