Thread: BSA Mercury and lamp valuation

BSA Mercury and lamp valuation

I have a (70's I think) BSA Mercury, which was polished internallly, resprung and new washers etc about 3 years ago. The blacking was knackered so I made a nice job of spraying it black. The stock was Nitromorsed and plainly varnished. It has 2 piece mounts and a Webley 4x32 on it. It looks a nice job.
    The lamp is a Deben Tracer Compact electronic with on belt battery pack. The original battery is fubar so I have got another bigger battery for it.
    The lamp is in great nick and had a red filter, all leads, scope mount and charger included. My nephew is interested in buying them.

The question is, what is a fair price to charge him?

Thanks for any information forthcoming.

John
    Rule are for the guidance of wise men and the unswerving obedience of fools!

Difficult to say without seeing the rifle to judge condition. A refinished action may be seen as a detraction by a collector, as can a refinished stock ... but maybe not so important to a 'shooter'. Do you know how it performs?

As a rough guess I would say around the £80 mark ...

Cheers, Phil

Forgot to say it has only had about 200 shots through it since it was done. It's nice and smooth to cock, shoots nice and has a bit of zip. Not chronoed it though.
    He wants it for shooting, not looking at. It looks pretty nice but the finish isn't really that durable.
    £80 for just gun or both?

I was thinking of just the rifle ... the scope would add very little anyway.
    Cheers, Phil

I was thinking of the complete combination including gun, scope and lamp. Everything as one bundle.
    Does £100 sound fair?