Thread: sharp inova seals

sharp inova seals

hi guys where can i get sharp inova seal kit from any ideas thanks paul

What exactly do you need Paul?

Laurie Amatruda on here is your man

Cheers
    Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

sharp

all the seals have an inova but seals o rings washers whatever there called have been mislaid thanks

I think Terry Robb still stocks seal kits for the Innova.
    ATB
    Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

I'd try Chambers mate, steer clear of Terry Robb!
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

Paul

Lawrie recently resealed one of mine for 30 quid and that included all the seals.

I did deliver and collect so obviously postage costs were not involved.

Send him a PM as I am sure he can help in some way.

Cheers
    Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Quote Originally Posted by OLD JUD View Post
    Chambers are great for the O-rings. I use them a lot. Great company

But Chambers won't have the unique seal for the front of the pressure cylinder though...

Lawrie can make these out of something indestructible

Matty

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    Chambers are great for the O-rings. I use them a lot. Great company

But Chambers won't have the unique seal for the front of the pressure cylinder though...

Lawrie can make these out of something indestructible

Matty
    Are you talking of the inlet valve seal?
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

Are you talking of the inlet valve seal?
    Yes I am

Sorry for talking in riddles

Matty

Is it unobtainium....

Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    Is it unobtainium....
    Of which, certain special people like Geddfin and Lawrie Amatruda seem to have a secret source...

Yep

Totally agree mate, his pump head seal is the biggest load of Cr*P I have ever seen! wrong shape against the valve ( leaves a large void) , dont fit properly inside the pump head and no hole in them for the blow off either. Better off glueing the worn head solid on the valve and turning a groove in the seal to fit an oring. Done this on 3 innova`s and they all work well.
    PS just dug the Ace out and will take some pics of the Mods I`ve done! now who will host them for me?
    ATB graham
    Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

Spike Milligan

Quote Originally Posted by paull321 View Post
    hi guys where can i get sharp inova seal kit from any ideas thanks paul
    Over the years i've had a number of board members ask for advice about re-sealing Innova's, i always tell them to replace the worn inlet and exhaust valve as well (Why only do half the job?) But few ever pass that advice on when other members ask the same question.
    All the Innova seals are available from any good O ring stockist if you have one locally, and it would work our cheaper than Chambers.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    Yes I am

Sorry for talking in riddles

Matty
    The inlet valve seal is rarely a problem, Chambers (When they stock them) offer a PTFE substitute that works well.
    The main concern is the inlet valve (Read 'Ball bearing') being pitted or corroded.

The inlet valve seal can be substituted with a Crosman seal. I've even seen O rings used effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    Totally agree mate, his pump head seal is the biggest load of Cr*P I have ever seen! wrong shape against the valve ( leaves a large void) , dont fit properly inside the pump head and no hole in them for the blow off either. Better off glueing the worn head solid on the valve and turning a groove in the seal to fit an oring. Done this on 3 innova`s and they all work well.
    PS just dug the Ace out and will take some pics of the Mods I`ve done! now who will host them for me?
    ATB graham
    Absolutely Graham, this 'Alternative' sealing assembly will put an Ace or Innova over the legal limit.
    I don't have any personal issues with Terry, in fact i've spoken to him on more than one occasion, but he does seem to have a cavalier attitude concerning some of his homemade replacement parts.

If you e-mail your photo's i'll try and host them for you.

seals

hi i could replace seals o rings from stockist but do not have any to compare against i have none of the seals ect

Quote Originally Posted by paull321 View Post
    hi i could replace seals o rings from stockist but do not have any to compare against i have none of the seals ect
    That's your problem

I am not sure of any of the sizes myself

Hopefully one of the wise ones on here will give us a list of which O-ring for what on the Innova.

Anyone?