Quote Originally Posted by Cam. View Post
Good post.

Cam
To be fair Cam, and Severnsider, I dissagree, though not with any venom

I dont claim to be an authority on ST barrels. Ben has very kindly fed me the odd titbit, which I keep to myself...you never know.

I have not tested an ST barrel...firstly because I would immigrate immediately, and secondly I cant shoot for shit so would'nt know a smooth twist from a 105!!

But even a casual read of the latest AGW should tell you that the barrel is still under development in several areas, twist rate etc.

Although they are being used on certain FX guns, I would guess that Ben will be testing the concept to death before releasing it screaming and kicking onto the general market.

He aint daft, and if he was ready, I would think there would be a smooth twist solution for everything and anything.

The barrel does seem to offer some real advances in terms of accuracy, and flexibility in terms of pellets you can use. It is also reputed to be more efficient and the pellets a bit quieter in the air, but the real genius is what it means in terms of time and rejection savings to the manufacturer.

In house barrel making may once more become viable.

As for binning my current collection...WTF. But in the unlikely event the barrels wear out, at least there may be an alternative replacement