Thread: BSA MK2 Airsporter .22 with PH17B Aperture Sight for sale.

BSA MK2 Airsporter .22 with PH17B Aperture Sight for sale.

Hello,
    I bought this fine rifle last May from Josie & John on here (nice folks to deal with)
    Since the rifle has been in my ownership I have restored the stock which was a bit scratched and repainted the breech cover which was badly chipped. My work on the stock is to a very high standard and I've given it a beeswax finish which gives it more of a silky look rather than a high gloss.
    The breech cover had to be totally redone because of the large chips on it but it looks very nice now. The trigger guard I have left as it was because the only wear is on the edges I think it looks fine and the rifle is 50years old after all.
    I hope they don't mind but I thought I would use the original ad and pictures by Josie & John with some pictures taken as the rifle is now to illustrate what has been done.
    -------------------------------------
    A GD serial no, so made between 1959 and 1965. Clear stampings to barrel and etching remains visible. No wear to scope grooves. Rifle retains much original finish with some wear to the foresight block, end block and trigger guard, in fact all the parts that can be carefully touched up. Foresight looks like it has been soldered in place, so no chance of it coming loose at a crucial moment. Some scratches to stock but no serious damage. Rifle has been fitted with a Parker Hale PH17B aperture sight, which was the same sight Webley used on the Supertarget. Rifle is in good working order, as can be seen from the test target in the accompanying photos. Found the foresight hood after taking the photos, so have fitted that too.

Here is a link to the photo's...
    http://www.pbase.com/davecthomson/airsporter

I'm selling this fine rifle because its not getting used much which is a shame, I'm looking for £175 plus P&P.
    Thanks for looking...Dave...

Don't mind in the least Dave and good luck with the sale. This is a fine rifle.

Kind regards,

John

I am open to offers, also maybe swaps W.H.Y...Dave...

To the top please, would swap for a pistol

I'm very interested in Co2 pistols...Dave...

Hi,
    This rifle is no longer for sale, on hold for Steve...
    Thanks for looking and all replies...Dave...