Thread: BSA Information required

BSA Information required

Guys,

Please excuse my ignorance and forgive me if I use the incorrect terminology but I would like to know a little more about a gun I bought about 20 years ago at an antique fair
    I bought because I liked the shape and it has actually proved to be a very powerful and accurate little gun, although as heavy as hell

It is a .177 BSA - the BSA Trademark is engraved into the Right Hand Cheek Plate (the Stock is nice piece of Walnut with a chequered Grip)

Gun Number is 3767 – (No Prefix Letter)

It has Under Lever cocking with Top loading (the word LOAD is engraved to the rear of the loading aperture) – the Trigger has an adjusting Screw

The only other marking I can see are the No 7 on the Left face of the Cocking Lever

I suppose what I would really like to know, is how old is it ?

Thanks for your help - Mike

Hi Mike,

Does your gun have the following features

(1) Metal Butt Plate

(2) Bayonet (flattened duck bill shape) end to the underbarrel cocking lever

(3) A breech area similar to this one

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/h...t/P1120371.jpg

If so your gun is an early 'second batch' BSA Air Rifle (Lincoln Jeffries Patent) with a length of 43.25" and it dates from 1906.

Lakey

Hi,

Your early BSA, is a Second Batch Rifle manufactured between Feb/March 1906...Despatched from the Factory between Feb 1907...August 1907...Will be quite a nice Rifle and will shoot very well..

Regard's

Inproved

BSA Information Wanted

Guys,

First an apology for being slow to come back to you
    Secondly - many thanks for the information, I had no idea it was that old, my guess was the 1920`s or 30`s

Yes it does have
    a Steel Butt Plate - Duck Bill Loading Lever - a breech area as per your photograph and a length of 42.25"

I also see that a number of the parts are marked 7 - so I guess that these are the assembly numbers and relate to the last dit of the Gun Number ?

It certainly is a nice Rifle - accurate and powerful, although I hace never checked it

I will attempt some photographs at a later date

Thanks again

Mike