Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Pistol Advice

Target grips are a very personal thing, what may suit you, may not suit another, if the refurbed FAS feels right and you can group shots accurately then I would buy it....proof is in the pudding mate
    Good point, I should try one first. Cheers Dave

yeah cant deny i would have loved a Baikal or FAS but trying to fined a second hand one is impossible let alone one for under £300 hence why i went with the Rohm twinmaster sport, which i got for £280 with a spare fill canister which was a bonus i thought

Quote Originally Posted by hodge1984 View Post
    yeah cant deny i would have loved a Baikal or FAS but trying to fined a second hand one is impossible let alone one for under £300 hence why i went with the Rohm twinmaster sport, which i got for £280 with a spare fill canister which was a bonus i thought
    £280 with a spare cylinder...bargain there bud

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    Sorry but I disagree that the Rohm is better than the FAS and Baikal SSP pistols as the FAS and Baikal were designed as proper competition pistols whereas the Rohm is a jack of all trades plinker borderline target pistol and the trigger lets the Rohm action down and this is where the FAS/Baikal are better.

However the Rohm is miles better than the Gamo Compact, a basic Crosman 1377 with a lighter trigger spring beats the Gamo.
    Yes i would really really love a Fas or Baikal its just finding one at the right price there again i thought the Rohm was also serious target gun. The Gamo Compact as been recommended as for the 1377 i never even looked at that other then a good pump up plinker. Having to pump it up 4 or 5 times every time would get on me nerves and do nothing for my concentration.

Quote Originally Posted by pr1uk View Post
    Yes i would really really love a Fas or Baikal its just finding one at the right price there again i thought the Rohm was also serious target gun. The Gamo Compact as been recommended as for the 1377 i never even looked at that other then a good pump up plinker. Having to pump it up 4 or 5 times every time would get on me nerves and do nothing for my concentration.
    The Rohm models like the Top and Match are serious target guns in their price bracket, and the Sport is good too. I think what ikarma70 is confusing it with is the likes of the multishot Trainer or Action varients.

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    The Rohm models like the Top and Match are serious target guns in their price bracket, and the Sport is good too. I think what ikarma70 is confusing it with is the likes of the multishot Trainer or Action varients.
    Not at all mate, I used to have a Rohm Sport so I speak from experience from that view and from experience of target triggers as I currently own a Steyr LP5 and a FWB 80 set to the 500g standard.

The Rohm trigger is nice but its not target trigger standard imho for what its worth however it certainly isn't a bad trigger....I still say the FAS trigger is better.

I will say that the Sport is certainly a good pistol especially at 2nd hand prices and it is certainly more accurate than most shooters can be.

equally the LP50, and in it's day the Feinwerkbau 80 are/were more expensive pistols, so I'd expect them to have better triggers than a sport which is in a different price league.
    Anyway, it seems that he got a good deal

yeah that seems to be the main thing people are saying about the rohm sport, that the trigger aint great for comp standard but is it not possible to up grade the trigger unit and have a better one custom fitted? also in what way is it bad?

yeah that seems to be the main thing people are saying about the rohm sport, that the trigger aint great for comp standard but is it not possible to up grade the trigger unit and have a better one custom fitted? also in what way is it bad?
    just set it as light as you can but not so light that its unsafe and get practicing and enjoy mate...punch them bullseyes' out

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    You are, of course, aware that this makes no sense as there is no variation in trigger mechanism parts across the Twinmaster range except the omission of the double action components on the top two target variants?
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    is it not possible to up grade the trigger unit and have a better one custom fitted?
    You could have a gunsmith make you a new trigger mechanism but that would cost as much as a match grade PCP,
    Regards,
    Ncik
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Have just picked up a refurbished FAS AP604 from a RFD in very good condition. Just getting the hang of it but very nice to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by silvershooter View Post
    Have just picked up a refurbished FAS AP604 from a RFD in very good condition. Just getting the hang of it but very nice to shoot.
    Well done if you got it at a good price it certainly looks like a very able target gun hope you get on with it. I check the sale pages every morning and every night looking for a suitable target pistol. Too be honest i have so many guns in my head right now i dont know what way to go.

just seen a Ap 609 cal 4.5 177 air pistol fas on the sales forum today, shame its for £400

just seen a Ap 609 cal 4.5 177 air pistol fas on the sales forum today, shame its for £400
    Oh well to be honest the pre charged may be the best but i will not be going down that road even if you get the gun you need all the extras pumps etc.
    Just got to decide now whats best for me a recoilless SSP or break barrow i believe there were recoilless recognised target pistols, any recommendations. Then there is CO2 but they vary with temperature and i am not so sure they can be consistent but look like fun. Years ago they must have used break barrows so there must be some models out there that have balance and a good standard and fit for targets and now also must be in my price range now. Even seen on youtube a man rip the centre of a target out with a CO2 gun, and i thought finding a suitable pistol was going to be simple.