Quote Originally Posted by richness View Post
Yep, with the MP8 ret too (like the IORs) V significant upgrade.

I've compared this scope to the IOR 9-36x56 and 4-28x56, an S&B 12-50, NXS 8-32 etc and it really is good value for money. Resolution-wise, the glass is very very good indeed. The slight colour fringing isn't really noticable shooting ground quarry (although i suppose it would be if you felt the need to use a 8-32 scope on things in trees....) It gives up some field of view to the IORs but all in all, you are stepping a million miles up from 4200/6500, Nikon monarch, Leupold etc for very very reasonable money.
The newer rets have much finer mildots than the old huge ones too, so that's an improvement; the first time i looked through an S3 i laughed out loud at the size of the mildots but as i say they're better now. And with the new ret in the tactical version, well it's all catered for and what, £600 less than an nxs? Worth a very good look imo guys.
I would be looking at the very fine straight ret (LR?) as it would be for F/TR, although I quite fancy the MOA hashed version, but that is not available in 1/8 MOA yet.

Mill dots are more likely to confuse as everything is done in MOA and dialled, although I am not keen on dialling wind as yet, so maybe the MOA unit...ah nuts.

It's some time off yet anyway!!