Thread: Do You Own a Webley Target Launcher ?

Do You Own a Webley Target Launcher ?

If so, how would you like a Stainless Steel stand on which to display it, and a 'Webley' labelled can to sit in it ?

http://mynetimages.com/829fc7ffd8.jpg
    http://mynetimages.com/1b17c02e5c.jpg

Another of the BBS members has made a limited quantity of these stands, and I made a label from an old Webley window sign, which, when wrapped around the can, sets it off nicely. The opened end of the can is blanked by a card disc, with a smaller round version of the label affixed to it.
    These are being offered @ £12 including postage, or £12.63 by Paypal, with profits going to support Naomi House Children's Hospice.
    Last edited by Troubledshooter; 08-05-2011 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Price reduction.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

hi dave ,great idea for a very worthy cause.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    If so, how would you like a Stainless Steel stand on which to display it, and a 'Webley' labelled can to sit in it ?

http://mynetimages.com/829fc7ffd8.jpg
    http://mynetimages.com/1b17c02e5c.jpg

Another of the BBS members has made a limited quantity of these stands, and I made a label from an old Webley window sign, which, when wrapped around the can, sets it off nicely. The opened end of the can is blanked by a card disc, with a smaller round version of the label affixed to it.
    These are being offered @ £15 including postage, or £15.75 by Paypal, with profits going to support Naomi House Children's Hospice.
    A bump for this. Not my thing afraid but sure a few people on here must have the launchers and want a stand?
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Although it means less for the Children's Hospice, I've lowered the price to try and generate some interest.

A bump for this. Not my thing afraid but sure a few people on here must have the launchers and want a stand?
    It would appear not.

Bump.

Elevate

Your can launcher looks like a dummy launcher for training gundogs. I have never heard of them being used for airgun shooting before!

That's exactly what they were intended for, gun dog training, and Turner Richards still sell an almost identical launcher, including dummy, at around £70, for that purpose.
    Some of us Webley collectors have them as part of our collections, as the Webley launcher has been out of production for quite a while, and like most things old Webley, is now collectable.
    I suppose it could be used in a similar way to clays for shotguns, for those entering quick draw multi shot air pistol competitions, but I don't know if anyone has ever tried this.

They were made for hurling Coke/Bean/any tin cans in the air for impromptu shotgun practice but since everybody has gone metric now, the cans no longer fit the rim of the launcher so they are obsolete.
    Turner Richards make the dummy launchers for dog training and they have a spigot protruding from the centre of the launcher for the dummy to sit over.
    So I would not think there is much call for a stand for such an item as if anybody still has one, as it can't be used, it is probably slung in a cupboard in a shed somewhere.
    Here's a dummy launcher complete with dummy.

Webley's description states " The Launcher offers an economical means for practice shooting and for training gun dogs", so it can be used for both.
    It also tells you to remove any sharp edges from cans, before being used for dog training.
    Cans can still be found that will fit the platform, although they may not be such a snug fit as those available at the time the launcher was sold..
    If the rubber grommet is removed and a thin piece of string or wire is inserted in the groove before the grommet is replaced, this will ensure any suitable can will be a snug fit.
    Heinz 290g ring pull soup cans, amongst others, do the job perfectly, so any Webley launcher can still be used without problem.

I've found some sweetcorn tins & similar supermarket food tins can be found that are a tight fit, though the best I've found are Manna sardine pate tins...but these are from Portugal. Very tight fit and go off a treat with a standard Turner Richards blank.

hi all,i modified mine by machining up a piece of plastic tube on the lathe as an adaptor.now propels modern beer/coke cans into orbit with gusto.[if you run a search you should be able to find the thread where i gave details of the adaptor mod].had some fun with it but will probably sell it on soon to help fund my addiction to buying guns.they are a nice piece of kit with all that polished alloy, so would look very nice in a display stand such as you are selling.cheers greasemonkey
    more guns than you can shake a stick at!