Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SMK XS3 Air pistol

Newmarket, Suffolk. More than a one horse town!
    Oh dear, I made the sad mistake of buying one of these in .22 today. I can honestly say it has surprised me. I was not aware it was possible to engineer so many faults into one pistol!! It is the weakest, least accurate pistol I have ever used with the heaviest trrigger pull. It barely deforms a pellet fired at a steel block point blank. It misses by anything up to 2 feet at 10 yards, in any direction it wants. The trigger pull must be about 30 pounds! At least it made me laugh. Now the real challenge. Is it going to be possible to improve it, or should I stick to polishing turds?
    Join BASC. You know it makes sense!

I think that the webley typhoon semi recoiless pistol was an over hyped piece of crap, aim point drops 2ins when you pull the trigger, izm53 ten times better.

XS3

As to the trigger. Try holding the trigger and pulling the gun!!!!!. You open the box and look, my an airpistol, wrong a blunt instrement!!.......Chris

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmaker View Post
    As to the trigger. Try holding the trigger and pulling the gun!!!!!. You open the box and look, my an airpistol, wrong a blunt instrement!!.......Chris
    I have no comment on the gun in question.
    But have to say Pistoleers really are the greatest bunch of shooters.
    The quality of laugh, banter and jest is of the very highest order.
    And without the sniping and unhelpful posts that ones sees on the rifle sections and other forums.
    It's great how we can have the crack, spends huge amounts of cash polishing turds, measure accuracy by feet not mm and just have fun and enjoy shooting.
    Great work guys

Ian
    http://www.dukinfieldagc.org.uk/
    Dukinfield Air Gun Club
    Stockfield Mill, Chadderton, OL9 9EW

S3

Hi Dave, well not being one to blame my tools, but I have to say that I bought one purely to see what I could do with it....I stripped, de-burred, polished and honed what I could... and hey Iv'e got a reasonable gun for under £30, I can get 3/4" groups at 8yds and yes the trigger is still hard to use, but isn't it more pleasing being able to achieve a reasonable result from practically nothing than just being able to hit what your aiming at for a hell of a lot more money, stick with it and hone your gun tuning skills on it and if you end up with reasonable results then thats fine for a reasonably priced gun.
    Ken

XS3

Thanks, Ken - that's exactly what I've done. I just wanted a cheap break-barrel to complete my collection, and it's turned into a bit of a hobby! Anyway, I'm pleased with the results I've had, and it's become quite a popular pistol at our club nights. Glad you've done the same - there's no challenge in buying top-of-the-range.
    All the best, Dave.

XS3

Bought one for a bit of a laugh,

I had a laugh alright as I found I had a 35 ftlbs pistol,

Well that was the trigger pull anyway stripped relube diamond file round the trigger parts polish which kept me out of mischief for a fair while,

I found that I was warming to it after a while

Could not do anything with the weird sights and it shot about 10 inch high at 4 feet range,

Stuck a battered old red dot on it no problem,

It loved Webley Venom Lazadomes and was very accurate,

I even entered a comp with it and came sixth,

I have an American built Milbro Caledonian Repeater at the moment the pellet and BB shooter,

Now it works I have great fun paper punching with it,

2 inch smooth bore barrel.