Hi all,

I am new to shooting and should be getting my license shortly. I managed to pick up a 1858 Remington .44 by Pietta secondhand which my local dealer should have today.

My first question is does anyone have a Pietta 1858 with a silver trigger guard? I was wondering was this something just done on deluxe models? I picked it up quite cheap so im assuming its just the basic model but would be nice if it turns out to be a better quality version.

Next question is as I am new what would you advise me to get for shooting it and where is the best place to get bits from. Anyone know what size caps these take? and what size ball is best? I intend to get the wonder wads instead of using grease, I notice there is a company called wads incorporated selling cheaper wads than wonder wads that they say give better performance and are cheaper, does anyone have any experience with them?

I am going to use Tripple 7 powder for shooting so shouldnt need any solvents etc for cleaning but what would be a good lube to buy to treat it with after cleaning?

People shooting at the range seem to load the revolvers straight from the powder flask, how do you measure the correct load when your pouring from the flask?

Looking forward to getting it down the range and firing off my first cylinder, hopefully into the target!