What you say is very true about clubs today and the age of the members, at the small range near where I live I would put the average age of the members is well over 50.

But you find this in most types of shooting, last Sunday I went to a clay shoot in Scotland for the first time.

Apart from two lads with their Dad the average age was over 50...again.

I live in a village surrounded by countryside in the last twenty years or so I have never seen lads walking around with air rifles like I used to, today the armed police would more than likely turn out.

Guns are bad news today, my wife works at a school, they discourage kids from "shooting" each other when playing games.

Have you tried to involve young adults in shooting, it's very difficult and quite expensive, most club's want subs' up front even before they start, that's if you can find young people who want to shoot, they mostly want to play computer games.

Re; Co2 I posted to see what the reply would be and yes PCP is the way forward but it does not matter what you shoot with because if you have no members then you have no clubs to encourage the youth of today to join in a sport for all.

I have a friend who is a World Champion shooting a muzzle loading rifle, when he shoots abroad, the whole town joins in...can you ever see that happening in England?