Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: whats the brightest torch

The Surefire G2 is a good torch. Very bright, light, robst and cheap. Also try the Streamlight Scorpion, comparable price and build quality.

Check out tacticaltorches.com

I got a holster a couple of weeks ago and the service is superb (as well as cheap).

I personally use a Streamlight Scorpion gaffer taped at the front of my rifles woodwork. This way the on/off button at the rear of the torch comes to hand when you shoulder the rifle. in addition you can obviously unount the torch and us it as, well, a torch.

I also recently bought an LEDWave Z2 duo from Heinni.com which is a cracking torch for the price. As weel as having a similar output to the G2 the Z2 has a three LED assembly which outputs about 8 lumens but with the benfit of extended runtime.

Me and a mate were out at the rabbits last night and we would use the Scorpion on the gun and the Z2 for the spotter to pick the red eyes. Worked very well.

Heinnie.com also do a bigger LEDwave torch (the Z3 I think) which blast out a lot more light and only costs about £47.

Remember to budget for batteries, tacticaltorches do a box of 12 Surefire liths for about £20.

Whatever you do, don't go near Maglites, they look nice but once you use a lithium powered torch you will never go back, trust me.

Sub Sea Sniper

Quote Originally Posted by darren m
    whats the brightest torch you can get , something about the size of a mini-mag or half the size of a D-cell , would be ok , as it needs to be fitted to scope or barrel of rifle.
    cheers
    Darren .
    At a guess, the answer would be: http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/...4204/sesent/00

Or 'kin should be at $2900

Goes without saying surefire g2 everytime.

Great torch virtually unbreakable, choice of colours and cheap if bought from surefireparts on . (great service and damn cheap).

I spent ages agonising over which torch to get and after an exhustive search and with help from on here i got the G2 and have never been so impressed with something so cheap.

just my thoughts

andrew

ps - buy a g2
    Gunpower Stealth .22, .20, .177
    S400 Custom Shop .177

forgot to add about batteries......i buy panasonics from canada off and they work out after P & P at a massive 79p each so its not an expensive torch to run either.
    Gunpower Stealth .22, .20, .177
    S400 Custom Shop .177

You could always try Candlepower forum I've had some good advice from there.

I personally have a Surefire E2e which is great. I also have a (mini?)Maglite with the LED conversion from 7dayShop which is left in the glovebox of the car for emergencies.
    I hope I didn't brain my damage

can you buy the surefire G2 in the UK .

Nutty_Squirrel Guest
    What distance are these torches capable of shining a usable light out to?

http://www.niton999.co.uk/index_main.htm

Try these for various torches etc

Dazz

Guys,

try heinnie.com or tacticaltorches.com for the G2 torches. They cost about £28-£30 from each of these sites and the service and turnaround is second to none.

Some UK websites (such as usmcpro.com) charge up to £50 for these torches. Total rip off.

The G2 with fresh batteries will illuminate a rabbits eyes out to about 40 or 50 metres.

I use a 4 x 32 sight and can get a bead on a rabbit out to about twenty metres. I guess with a sight with a bigger objective lens you could sight a rabbit out a bit further.

You really gotta take a good search for these torches on the web. I have seen people get ripped off using the niton999 website. One girl at my work got a nylon holster for her scorpion torch which cost her a tenner, they then stung her £7 for postage.

I got a Surefire holster from tacticaltorches.com for £10 inc p and p. Got it delivered in about two or three days as well. Take a good look before buying.

Sub Sea Sniper

These torches are excellent value for money:

KGM_Sports on

They have a fairly tight, coherent beam and I think would make a good compact gun light or tactical light, maybe not as good as a Surefire, but for the money I am really pleased with mine...

Quote Originally Posted by dazzpol
    I have one of the BSA ones which come with it's own mount. Very bright and compact. They show them on BARs web site.

Dazz
    Hi Dazz,

How bright is it compare to Maglite AA?
    HW97K Lazaglide, HW80 Lazaglide(ex), Sidewinder(ex), FX2000(ex), Fenman(ex), Evolution(ex), HW45(ex), Hurricane(ex), SLR98(?), Wiscombe(?).
    SureFire G2+P91, SureFire G2+P60, SureFire E2, SureFire 6P+3W BOG, SureFire 6P+A19+P90, Mag 3D+3W+LOP, Mag 2C+1W+MOP, SL Strion, QIII, Surefire L1

Quote Originally Posted by pandaboy
    You could always try Candlepower forum I've had some good advice from there.

I personally have a Surefire E2e which is great. I also have a (mini?)Maglite with the LED conversion from 7dayShop which is left in the glovebox of the car for emergencies.
    Hi Pandaboy,

Does the led conversion eats up battery faster than the normal ones?
    HW97K Lazaglide, HW80 Lazaglide(ex), Sidewinder(ex), FX2000(ex), Fenman(ex), Evolution(ex), HW45(ex), Hurricane(ex), SLR98(?), Wiscombe(?).
    SureFire G2+P91, SureFire G2+P60, SureFire E2, SureFire 6P+3W BOG, SureFire 6P+A19+P90, Mag 3D+3W+LOP, Mag 2C+1W+MOP, SL Strion, QIII, Surefire L1

Pipesmoker, I do not speak from experience but the Blackpool air rifle website states that the BSA laser /flashlight combo has one CR123 battery.

I assume this means the torch takes one of these batteries, in which case the torch will provide about 20-30 lumens of light output. I think this equates to about 2 to 3 thousand candlepower. This is about half the power of a G2 nitrolon.

As for your question about the maglite, forget them, they are pretty torches but the beam is a waste of time. For the price of a maglite and LED conversion you can buy a G2 and I can guarantee you will never go back to maglites. The beam is pure white, focussed and frighteningly bright for such a small torch.

Sub Sea Sniper
    . . .and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory for ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub Sea Sniper
    As for your question about the maglite, forget them, they are pretty torches but the beam is a waste of time. For the price of a maglite and LED conversion you can buy a G2 and I can guarantee you will never go back to maglites. The beam is pure white, focussed and frighteningly bright for such a small torch.

Sub Sea Sniper
    Thanks SSS,

A G2, is it better than your Scorpian? Is G2 a Surefire?

Mik

Take a look here it shows the G2 in a good light http://www.britishblades.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4181

Mal