Thread: Webley mk3 will not cock

Webley mk3 will not cock

Hi
    I am new to this group
    Have old mk3 that wont cock but if I fit smaller dia pin to sear it will cock ok
    I cant see where its worn so am hopeing someone here can point me in right direction
    regards

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by arkgie View Post
    Hi
    I am new to this group
    Have old mk3 that wont cock but if I fit smaller dia pin to sear it will cock ok
    I cant see where its worn so am hopeing someone here can point me in right direction
    regards
    Take the mainspring out and see if it will cock. The gun might be coilbound (unlikely though). Then take out the piston and push the end of the rod into the trigger block to see if the trigger will engage and hold then. If it does then the chances are that your trigger is okay but it is worth taking it apart to clean and lube and see if the trigger spring could do with renewing. I usually deburr the sides of the sear and trigger as well. Put the gun back together without the spring and see if it cocks ok now. If it does not, then push the piston back with a rod/screwdriver to see if it engages. If it does then it is likely to be (1) the slot in the piston has worn and will need welding up (2) the cocking arm has bent and will need straightening a touch.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Thanks yes it will cock without spring

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    Take the mainspring out and see if it will cock. The gun might be coilbound (unlikely though). Then take out the piston and push the end of the rod into the trigger block to see if the trigger will engage and hold then. If it does then the chances are that your trigger is okay but it is worth taking it apart to clean and lube and see if the trigger spring could do with renewing. I usually deburr the sides of the sear and trigger as well. Put the gun back together without the spring and see if it cocks ok now. If it does not, then push the piston back with a rod/screwdriver to see if it engages. If it does then it is likely to be (1) the slot in the piston has worn and will need welding up (2) the cocking arm has bent and will need straightening a touch.
    Its my brothers gun which I bought back from france for repair so do not know history but do you think mainspring could be too long
    Also can you recommend a gun blue
    regards
    rikki

I would suspect the sear spring........
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930