Thread: WANTED: Original 35 detent plunger

WANTED: Original 35 detent plunger

Hi all, any chance someone has as above for a 1950's/60's Original model 35 break barrel? I've most of the parts to put one together but need the detent plunger; it should be about 10mm diameter, it may be a common part for the post-war range.

cheers torrens

If I am correct, the 'plunger' is in fact a steel ball on the Original 35. So do you need the ball?
    I am afraid I do not have one but Chambers are sure to keep them ... although if you find the correct size you may be able to buy a packet of them at a cycle/motorcycle shop?
    Cheers, Phil

It's a ball on my Gecado 35.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Chambers stock it £1.77

Plunger

Hi all, thanks for the replies; I do need a plunger as this is an early ( 1950's?) postwar Original 35. I think the ball detent came in late 50's with this model. It might be the same item as other Original/Dianas ( 10 mm diameter ). Chambers only have the later ball type so maybe I'll have to make or adapt something, just trying the easy route first.

Cheers torrens

so you are looking for a 'rod type' plunger.
    Does anyone have any measurements? What diameter is the hole? I ask because there is a very remote possibility I may have one in my 'bits' box. I cannot promise though.
    I will have a look and post my findings.
    Cheers, Phil.

Finding a bit was quicker than I thought but I do not know what my 'bit' will fit.

It is, I think, a detent plunger and is:
    10.85mm diameter
    21.74 mm long
    has a recess (for the spring?) 18.5mm deep x 6mm diameter
    The only issue is that whereas normal plungers have a flat on one side across which a bolt fits to prevent the plunger rotating and spring out, this one has a 8mm wide groove all round the circumference so potentially could rotate.

Is it any good? If someone can confirm this bit would fit then its yours. Or if you want to try it, just PM your address and I will post it to you on a 'if it fits, its yours free, if not just return' basis.

Cheers, Phil

Hi Phil, many thanks for your response; I've just checked the breech block and the hole is dead on 10mm diameter. The wall is pretty thin along the bottom so not enough metal to ream oversize unfortunately. There's a small threaded hole on one side to take a keeper screw. Your mystery plunger sounds close but too large alas. If I can find one the right diameter I can grind a retaining flat as required and source a suitable spring.
    Thanks for the kind offer anyway Phil.

atb torrens