Thread: How did that happen? Accidental collector!

How did that happen? Accidental collector!

Not quite sure how, but I seem to have become a collector of Webley air pistols.

One minute I was happily playing with my modern CO2 pistols when I saw a Junior that I thought would look real nice and possibly useable too - Then a Senior, then a Premier MK1, then a Premier MK11, and now I find myself scanning all ot the web looking for a decent MK1! ( at the 'right' price, of course - I haven't reached the 'money no object' stage of insanity! ).yet!

Worse still, I have ordered the book and have started looking at period pellet tins! I've even gone as far as to have 3 perspex stands made with logo and model name!

When will it stop?? Who's stupid idea was it to have a coleectable section anyway??

Seriously, many thanks to the people on this forum who have supplied me with models to ease my obsession - thanks ( I think! ) to Gvine, Flatrajectory and Merlin5oaks.

I need to switch this machine off now and have a cup of tea and forget about guns..please.

Too late my friend... you are done for
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Yes I got ambushed by the collecting bug too,,join a forum all nice and innocent thinking it would pass a bit of time reading about a subject I enjoy and next thing,,wallop I have numerous BSA air rifles,,doomed I tell you ,,,, doomed
    Martini
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

youll be back on after your cuppa just to see if anyone put anything interesting up for sale , a last minute check before bedtime , sorry mate you got an incurable disease specially if your collecting webleys .

.....the answer to the universe and everything.

That's what collecting is.
    No more thoughts of doom and gloom, no worries about where the money's coming from,
    just buy it anyway and consider it an investment ( just kid yourself on this point ok?),
    no time to go looting. I mean it's a 'win win' situation!

However it can lead to a certain obsessiveness......EG, just how many of one type/model can one own.
    Take Webley Juniors for example. I only have 5 variants and I'm sure there are probably the same again. Just don't get me started on where to find a first series mk1 single spring clip pistol. Me want!

Oh we happy band of brothers (and sisters ).

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Just think yourself lucky you dont suffer from Airsporteritis!

At least it's 'treatable' but it costs!

Airsporterman

Ahhh airsporteritis collecting at it most contagious form
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

Now is the time to put away childish things. Turn your back on die-cast metal and plastic Co2 guns with no heritage, for you have now found the true way, of steel, springs, and pistons, of history, and the pleasure and satisfaction of owning and shooting classic Webleys!