Thread: Certus air pistol.

Certus air pistol.

It is difficult to find information about the Certus air pistols manufactured by Cogswell and Harrison in the early 1930's. Very few of these pistols were made and Robert Beeman has described them as the 'Holy Grail' of British air pistols.
    The photographs (soon to be added) show an example of the very rare 'target model' with extended barrel and two holes drilled and tapped in the rear of the grip (presumably to take some kind of stock). It is believed that only three of these pistols were ever made.
    I would be grateful to anyone who can provide further information about this pistol and some idea of the value.

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

Serial # 428 sold for £850 at Holts Auctions. (29.09.2007).

No idea if it was a target model, but it's a starting point.

Hello there is a similar one up for auction at Holtsauctioneers, Lot 10 est £1,200 to £1,500 22nd Sept.

Hi,

Have seen one with original finish around the £1200 mark at a UK Arms fair.

I agree the two holes were for a shoulder stock. John Griffith's Encyclopaedia has more detail on the pistol and John Atkins has also featured the Certus in various articles for Airgunner.

The following pistol was snapped at the Bisley Arms Fair earlier this year. I believe the asking price was £2000.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Kind regards,

John

Bernard2318

Many thanks to all those who have replied to the thread giving useful information and valuations. I have also received an e-mail from one user containing a very interesting article on the Certus pistol by John Atkins of Airgun World.
    The encouraging thing is that there is always somebody out there who can help you. Thanks again.