Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: feinwerkbau 124 sport air rifle and hw97k (177) Valuation please.

feinwerkbau 124 sport air rifle and hw97k (177) Valuation please.

feinwerkbau 124 sport dulux model air rifle and hw97k(177s) just got my hands on these two thinking of selling but not sure what they are worth the hw97k is in good condition exept a couple bits of slight surface rust not sure how to take of and the feinwerkbau 124 sport air mk2 s in good condtion for the age but bluing doing as in pictures both are shooting at around 11.59 crono last night with aa diablo

Last edited by Punchsteve; 05-09-2011 at 06:45 PM. Reason: price

Condition and completeness is everything on collectables such as the FWB so you might not be far off the mark.

they both shoot really well but iam a 22 person i was going to get it blued but thought i would see if any one intrested and i have had a lot of emails last night and this morning so got my pics up now

I am sure someone will buy it as a project, just be realistic with the price and it will sell no problem.

Sad truth is that front/rear sights for the FWB are very difficult to source and hence expensive, and then of course you have the blueing, maybe some stock work, etc, which adds up.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

the stocks fine and the gun its self shots really well dont forget its 30 years old

have i but the price to high ?

FWB

Quote Originally Posted by loki187 View Post
    Hi Loki

As Spanner says, condition and completeness are very important on collectable rifles like the FWB 124

The condition of the rifle does not look good and a professional reblue would cost somewhere in the region of £60-£80.

Also as mentioned,a rear sight for the rifle is quite costly possibly £30, then a foresight has to be sourced possibly another £15-£20

A really nice FWB124 would sell for around £225-£260 so @ £180, yours is a bit pricey

ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

Since you asked - yes, for the FWB.

By about 130.

240 for a near enough mint gun.

Less blueing 60

Less sights 60 (that is, if you manage to find them)

Less the fact that a fixed up rifle will be worth less than one that is original 20

Less the fact that it may not turn out as nice as a minter anyway - pitting, etc 20

Less hassle value why bother at all, why not buy one that is mint, 30

Total 190

240 - 190 = 50.

I have not mention the fact that the butt pad is not original, nor that I have no idea about the woodwork and have assumed for the purposes of this calculation that it is perfect, and that the mechanicals are perfect too. Oh and that the fitment of the muzzle end has not involved grinding away the foresight dovetails.

To be honest with you, that gun is worth far more broken as spares. Sad but true.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

this shooting well and is not beat like your making out m8 the least i would take would £160 . so keep dreaming at £50

Have you got any clear close up photo's without the soft focus effect?
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

yea m8 they was tuck of my phone m8 one sec will put some on

this shooting well and is not beat like your making out m8 the least i would take would £160 . so keep dreaming at £50
    Sorry if you seem to have taken offence, but it was you who asked for advice, which is the only reason we responded on your thread, and we gave it to you. I was perfectly serious and genuine in telling you that if you broke the gun as spares you would make more money than 50-60 quid.

iam sorry but i wouldent even dream of braking such a nice shooting gun trust me this being blued would be a really nice gun