Thread: FWB Sport MKIII stock?

FWB Sport MKIII stock?

I think this is a FWB MKIII stock but I had a MKIII, the ugly one with the barrel weight thing and it had a normal stock. When was this one done? Don't ask it has a MKI action.

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...9/IMG_4650.jpg
    http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...9/IMG_4651.jpg
    http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...9/IMG_4652.jpg

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...9/IMG_4652.jpg

The lower one is the stock I normally associate with the Mk 3 FWB Sport.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Good I'm not going mad; just wanted someone to confirm it once and for all. Many thanks.

FWB stocks are just the perfect fit for me, and the MKIII is my favorite to shoot. Now if someone could make a PCP fit into the Sport's lines and balance then that would be something.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Good I'm not going mad; just wanted someone to confirm it once and for all. Many thanks.

FWB stocks are just the perfect fit for me, and the MKIII is my favorite to shoot. Now if someone could make a PCP fit into the Sport's lines and balance then that would be something.
    Possibly the most appalling thing ever said in Collectors' Corner. Shocking really.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Possibly the most appalling thing ever said in Collectors' Corner. Shocking really.
    Sadly Alistair makes a good point there Muskett, my friend. You might as well have said "Now, if only someone could make a Barratt home with the grace of the Sistine Chapel, that would be something".

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I'll take myself away with my trusty Webey and do the honorable thing

A Webley Tempest and shoot up some cans

Feel better now......

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I'll take myself away with my trusty Webey and do the honorable thing
    I was going to suggest it.... It is a BIRMINGHAM Tempest, isn't it?

You rude Sir, you.... the suggestion...Ough Sir!

I bough two of the last, one in each calibre. Proper guns. The Tempest was the best of the series; better than the Typhoon or Hurricane.

I bough two of the last, one in each calibre. Proper guns. The Tempest was the best of the series; better than the Typhoon or Hurricane.
    How right you are. The Hurricane was just a big overloaded lummox and completely against the spirit of traditional Webley airpistolsmithship. IMHO a 'longstroke' Tempest ought to have been built instead, with an 8" barrel and compression cylinder. This would have given the power to match the BSA Scorpion and the Original 5, while maintaining the compact lines of the traditional Webley. In the end Weihrauch made the 'longstroke' Tempest - the HW45. But it would have looked and hefted better as a Webley...

The size and weight of the Tempest makes it the best; just like the FWB Sport for rifles. The only other shootable pistol is the FWB 65. The Crosman 717 are nearly there. After that you have to go the CO2 route with their squidgy triggers. Its a weight and bulk thing which the majority fail at; they are no longer pistols but lumps. I have a BSA Scorpion and am still looking for a wire stock to shoot it.
    (Yes, the older Webleys do well but I don't know the subject well enough.)