Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vintage Shoot At Bisley

Decisions, decisions........

Is that a pre '39 Cadet? If so that's surely a rare beast.

What to shoot is often a problem for me too. Do I use one of the Mk 2's or the Improved D or the Millita or whatever else is working on the day. The issue is what can I safely carry on the motorbike. Mk2's are easy as they come apart, the rest can be problematic but a little 'modification' on one of the old wrecks might just see a '3 piece fixed barrel' at some point.

Or I could just take the car. Now where's the fun in that?

Carl

[QUOTE=le frelon;5255489]Is that a pre '39 Cadet? If so that's surely a rare beast.

Damn... Now I have nothing to wear

edbear2 Guest
    Re; What to shoot.....

Undecided at the mo.....Probably your old model D john, which is wearing a late 30's pistol grip stock at the moment (found it better than the straight hand for accuracy on bell target).

I was going to bring the "Irish Guards" gun, but the modified two stage trigger, although seemingly unique, is bleedin' awful

But I am also tempted to bring the "farmer special", filed all over and brass sighted sporting.....can I go round three times

P.M. received and replied to by the way,

regards,

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Re; What to shoot.....

Undecided at the mo.....Probably your old model D john, which is wearing a late 30's pistol grip stock at the moment (found it better than the straight hand for accuracy on bell target).

I was going to bring the "Irish Guards" gun, but the modified two stage trigger, although seemingly unique, is bleedin' awful

But I am also tempted to bring the "farmer special", filed all over and brass sighted sporting.....can I go round three times

P.M. received and replied to by the way,

regards,

Eddie
    That's got to be the 3rd stock that rifle's had Eddie! Must say the straight hander looked really nice when you fitted that. I'm now having second thoughts and may use an early (1906) BSA I bought last week with a straight hand stock and No22 peep sight professionally fitted to the top of the trigger block. Decisions, decisions...

Relum for me...

edbear2 Guest
    Broadsword calling Danny boy........Broadsword calling Danny boy, Echo Bravo 2 plus little Hotel shortly mobile, L.U.P. possibly Reading with Membury secondary. All requested stores accounted for, E.T.A. 09.23 Zulu....message ends.

Oops, sorry about that.What I meant to say was leaving soon with the missus, might stop for a coffee at the services and I am bringing the couple of bits we talked about.........slipped into waltspeak for some reason, must have been that book about Aldershot I was reading last night

I have never seen such an eclectic mix of cake eating, soup slurping,ballon popping OLD FARTS

Hi Eddie

As a relatively new member, and I believe to be Ireland's only vintage airgun collector/nut(!), please can you tell me more of your "Irish Guards" rifle?
    For the record, all my vintage airguns have to be held on a FAC, so my collection so far is modest!

1906 3rd batch BSA
    1921 BSA Standard S
    1958 Webley Mk3 4th series
    1938 Webley Service Mk2 3rd series
    1949 Webley Mk1 pistol

Thanks in advance,
    Andy

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy40S&W View Post
    Hi Eddie

As a relatively new member, and I believe to be Ireland's only vintage airgun collector/nut(!), please can you tell me more of your "Irish Guards" rifle?
    For the record, all my vintage airguns have to be held on a FAC, so my collection so far is modest!

1906 3rd batch BSA
    1921 BSA Standard S
    1958 Webley Mk3 4th series
    1938 Webley Service Mk2 3rd series
    1949 Webley Mk1 pistol

Thanks in advance,
    Andy
    Hi Andy,

Have sent P.M. with links and photos!

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    I have never seen such an eclectic mix of cake eating, soup slurping,ballon popping COLD BUT HAPPY OLD FARTS
    Fixed it for you mate

Thanks to all again for a great day out, although I had the radio off on the way home so I didn't hear any more bleedin' Christmas songs

Thanks to all of the visitors that took part in this shoot. Ed, that must have been a 200+ mile round trip!

Weather was kind to us and hope all had a good time of it.

See you at the next one

J&J