Quote Originally Posted by markmac View Post
Keep us posted with your results please Zooma- I have got some Titanium Dioxide powder off the bay and mixed a bit with some 3 in 1 oil but not pleased with the results yet - a bit discoloured and streaky.
I will get some baby oil and follow your lead - Thanks
".....and follow your lead".

That sounds a bit like "the blind leading the blind" - but the resulting baby oil based mix is super-smooth and is a very bright white colour, so that part at least seems better than your experience with the 3 in 1.

I was going to test the 3 in 1 option later, but I will take note of your experience and not bother with that option when using the same Titanium Dioxide powder - but I may test it with some Titanium White artist oils paint sometime as that may give a better result.

I got a couple of very soft flat brushes from Rossendale Models this afternoon and I am hopefull that I can lay the paint onto the Bell Target plate a little bit better than I could with the standard one inch paintbrush I used last night ( it wasn't that bad in any case to be honest), so I am happy that I have a good result first time - thanks to the advise from the BBS contributors.