Thread: RWS C225 trigger problem.

RWS C225 trigger problem.

I have the above pistol.Somehow the trigger bar that connects the trigger to the hammer has snapped so it is unusable.I can't seem to find any specific spares for this model but the other umarex pistols seem to use the same part.
    Does anyone know if this is the case?or where I could get the actual part from?

Try Dynamit Noble. Google it. Theyv'e changed the name but I can't remember the new one for sure. Ruag Armatec? They were the importers and their service was very good.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

I think Webley had somehing to do with importing these. Oh, and I think the trigger bar is different on the c225.
    Also, have you tried the Umarex website.???
    Pete.

Been having a look at getting at it first.The part that links in to the trigger just drops out but the other part is connected to the trigger.I have stripped it down as far as it wants to go but the entire right side plate is caught under the top part.It seems the trigger may have to come out but the pin that appears to hold it doesn't look as though it will drift out.
    I've tried it a little,all it does is damage the pin,if that's what it is.I suppose the valve assembly will have to come off as well.Looks like it will probably end up in the bin.I bought it as it looked an easy fix.Oh well.

I bent something in mine when the magazine jammed and I couldn't work out how to strip it. I sent it to Dynamit Nobel and they repaired and overhauled it FOC, well outside of any warranty. Aside, they also recommended not using oily CO2, saying it clogged the valve; basically use any dry CO2, not Crosman!

Excellent service!
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,

How did you go about that?Did you contact them first?I can't seem to find an address or contact details for them as there are quite a few references to them in various countries.It seems the part that has snapped is one that you wouldn't expect to as it's quite thick.

Try here. I got the name a bit wrong above!

http://www.ruag.co.uk/

RUAG Ammotec UK Ltd
    Upton Cross
    Liskeard
    Cornwall
    PL14 5BQ

Email Link: enquiries@ruag.co.uk

Thank you for the info.I'll get in touch with them and see what they say.The pistol is no use as it is.Strange how the trigger bar has just snapped like that,it's not as though it has that much stress in operation.

If the pellets aren't seated completely in the mag. they will jam as the mag tries to turn. It's then easy, if wrong, to pull a bit too hard on the trigger (shooting double action) as I did. Could have been the fate of yours.

I don't have the C225 anymore, but I do have an Umarex Smith. If I'm using Hobby pellets, which are quite large, I push them home with a dibber filed down out of an old toothbrush handle. My normal pellet for the Smith is the Geco, which can be fully seated with the ball of the thumb. The Hobbies are usually for the Walther.

Looks like a result.They're going to post me the part and free as well.Can't beat that for service.

Quote Originally Posted by pcusername View Post
    Looks like a result.They're going to post me the part and free as well.Can't beat that for service.
    I guess it's not really a British company, is it!

Taking the RWS C225 apart.

Hello All,

I have been meaning to post this up for a few days. To get the pistol apart the top of the guns needs to come off.

1. Cock the hammer.
    2. Remove the screw under the valve stem(actually a button)...again the hammer must be cocked, so make sure there is no co2 in the gun.
    3. There is a button that the hammer hits, the the button pushes the valve stem opens and co2 is let out. To get the top cover off the button that pushes on the valve stem must be pushed all the way in, this then allows for the top cover to come off by being pulled straight up. The right side of the pistol is then free to be removed and the trigger bar can be accessed.

Regards

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by pcusername View Post
    Been having a look at getting at it first.The part that links in to the trigger just drops out but the other part is connected to the trigger.I have stripped it down as far as it wants to go but the entire right side plate is caught under the top part.It seems the trigger may have to come out but the pin that appears to hold it doesn't look as though it will drift out.
    I've tried it a little,all it does is damage the pin,if that's what it is.I suppose the valve assembly will have to come off as well.Looks like it will probably end up in the bin.I bought it as it looked an easy fix.Oh well.