Thread: Hello all from newbie

Hello all from newbie

Hi everyone,
    I am Ronjes & over the past year I have enjoyed restoring and shooting a couple of classics:

First up was an early '60s Webley Mk3 in 22. Lovely French walnut stock, but needed a lot of dents steamed out & re-oiling.

The next one, which I am still working on, is a HW35 with export stock & barrel. It wasn't born export, my Dad bought it for me 30 odd years ago-bog standard. Always fancied that export style though, so I tracked down
    a stock and long barrel (bannana shaped it transpired) from fleabay all fixed now though thanks to George at Mays of London.

Number three is a Feinwerkbau 124 sport, I've had it for 15 years or so, left to me by a dear friend. The stock was dodgy so I replaced it with a Maccari walnut job. In addition, the rearsight was missing (patient wait on fleabay sorted that) & it Looks & shoots fine now.

My last old sod is a recently bought Mk1 Airsporter which I have had a new piston/washer fitted too & it holds pressure real well now. It's really scruffy in the bluing department (water damage) but has a nice tiger-striped walnut stock which should refinish nicely some time.
    Ill post some pics soonish, if anyone would like to see them...
    all the best to everyone, it's nice to have a forum like this to share our interests.
    Ronjes

Hi & welcome to the BB's.
    Not my scene but a great intro & from what you've put you'll soon find some like minded peeps.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Thanks Bellycrawler, glad you liked my intro.
    That's what I like about this site - whatever your shooting passion, there's always someone
    out there who shares it.
    And even if clunky old springers aint their thing, they appreciate your interest anyway!
    all the best,
    Ronjes

A very warm welcome to this fine forum it’s good to have you join us ………………….…

Thanks Tadpole,
    all the best Ronjes

hi and welcome

hi Ronjes, welcome buddy

hi Ronjes,
    welcome to the site theres plenty of like minded souls on here that would love to see your pics pease do post them.
    brian.