Quote Originally Posted by harricook View Post
You WILL be asked WHY you need two cylinders - and the reality is - you don't !

If you shoot a standard BP precision comp - it's 13 shots loaded 5 + 5 +3 ..... so two cylinders are no help & a waste of your money .

Thanks for the reply - I don't understand this bit though. If it's 13 shots loaded surely that's exactly why you do need 2 extra cylinders (3 in total)? I must have got the wrong end of this bit???

I don't see that holding extra cylinders is any different to me holding extra mags for my Ruger 10/22 - at least that's analogy I'm planning on using with the FEO. I could still muddle my way through and shoot the competitions with one mag, but it makes them impractical. I appreciate the cylinder is a pressure bearing component and all that, but just like a magazine it's pretty useless without the rest of the gun to go with it. I'll keep you all up to speed on the renewal.

I understand about the cost of the wads etc. but to get me started I think it's the way to go. Once I have the pistol and am a bit more experienced with it I would like to start exploring casting my balls, making wads etc. - it's a whole new world to explore! The plus side for me being it's a bit cheaper to get started than re-loading metallic cased ammunition, although I have a .357 Winchester that needs feeding too.......