Thread: hw45 pistol in 22

hw45 pistol in 22

i bought this pistol new from my local gun shop for plinking and fun,after about 100 pellets through it it still smokes like mad burning the oil off from being new,and it is very loude how many tins would you say it will take before its run in and gets a bit quiter to use thanks

What power is it putting out
    A few air rifles and pistols Daystate Owners Club

its putting out a bit below the legal limit,its the sound when it goes off its like a cannon is this normal when your running one of these in will it just take a bit of bedding in ,my mate chronoed it and he said its well inside the limit so no worries there i always get all my guns chronoed with different pellets to make sure im on the right side of the law

Mine still smokes and I bought it second hand over a year ago.

It's power is consistent and legal and its very accurate so I don't worry to much about it

thank you that puts my mind to rest

As the man said they all do that!
    Blast away 250 pellets and then do some serious zeroing. Dont bother with the lower power setting in .22.
    Use Hobby or other flathead pellets.

Then it will all come together and you will see why these pistols are still around and enjoyed by so many.

Doubt it will ever be quiet tho.

thank you will do,never really been in to pistols had a hurricane when i was younger it was not like this gun but i bought this pistol after reading the reviews on it

BigEars Guest
    Loud bangs and smoking? That part of the fun of the HW45. I was thinking about putting a catalytic converter on mine.