Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jackal pricing

Does anyone remember the AK styled Firepower? I think Sussex Armoury played on the loading tube looking like an AK....I have never seen one except in pictures-it had a curved mag like an AK and looked VERY cool. Hope that you have plenty of ammo in Grayling as the plinking sessions will be long ones!
    By the way...51 years young gives me an excuse to keep playing at a mere 45-what is the average age of a Jackal owner. I would wager the majority were young men/teenagers when Sussex Armoury released this icon?

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Does anyone remember the AK styled Firepower? I think Sussex Armoury played on the loading tube looking like an AK....I have never seen one except in pictures-it had a curved mag like an AK and looked VERY cool. Hope that you have plenty of ammo in Grayling as the plinking sessions will be long ones!
    By the way...51 years young gives me an excuse to keep playing at a mere 45-what is the average age of a Jackal owner. I would wager the majority were young men/teenagers when Sussex Armoury released this icon?
    Re the AK lookalike, PadE actually has one, the only example I've actually ever seen the flesh, they are like proverbial hens teeth, there wasn't that many magazine adverts regarding these lookalikes so they obviously were not on sale long.
    Know what you mean about them making the most of the magazine tube. They made it look like part of the gas blowback system on the real thing. Doubt the dummy mag had any real function apart from possibly storage. I'll text young Pad and ask him to put some piccies on of his very rare Jackal/AK.

I was 16 when I got my Jackal, which I was allowed to use on the local allotments as a pest control tool. Happily making my hobby more or less self financing. As grateful plot owners would often give me 50p for ridding them of troublesome rats or feral pigeons, time that by a few hundred plots and I could easily manage £6 to £10 a week if only a few of them felt generous, it certainly paid for pellets, the then still new Airgun World magazine, plus a trip to the cinema with my young lady . But taking off the rose coloured specs my particular Jackal was noisy to cock, noisy to shoot, needed the ABS butt filling with polystyrene to stop it resonating, sliced the skirts off pellets if you were not paying attention when closing the tap. The loading tap locking was no were near as good as vintage BSA's and was easily knocked into the partially open position which obviously caused problems. Yet I did love it dearly, in fact it was not until I bought a 2nd hand FWB 127 Sport and 3-9x40 scope that I realised just how bad these early SA Jackals were. My kill rate on the plots literally went through the roof with the scoped Feinwerkbau. Still wish I'd kept that old Jackal though .

I hasten to add I also had the later Air Arms Hi-Power and custom Camargue and these were soooooooooooooo much better, in fact the Camargue joined a Venom 80 and became my standard hunting rifle until the late 80's.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Given that the Jackal has something of a cult following and certainly retains its value I wonder why no one has done something similar to it? Off hand I cant think of another springer looking remotley like it.

The Paratrooper repeater was something akin to the Jackal/ AA military stocked springers. Although no where near full powered. Both, I remember viewed as the dogs danglies by us kids back then, but the Paratrooper was no where near as iconic as the Jackal in my opinion. There was also the Crosman Air 17 in the mid to late 80's which was great fun to and certainly military looking. but was a pump up not a springer, still along with the Paratrooper great little plinkers.

Happily I got a mint and early Paratrooper repeater last year. Will be in possession of a Firepower very soon and have also sourced a boxed Crossman Air 17 . Am just waiting to find out the price for the Air 17 but unless its something silly will be adding that to our collection too .
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.

Thats a pretty cool collection of air guns (or air weapons as they were once referred to). The Umarex boys club has a good review of the Crossman by Pad E.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Thats a pretty cool collection of air guns (or air weapons as they were once referred to). The Umarex boys club has a good review of the Crossman by Pad E.

Yes saw young Pads while I was at his house, thats why I wanted one. I had one years back in the late 80's only cost £29brand new. After seeing Pads and showing youngest sprog (eldest sprog into women a present) we decided we wanted one AGAIN. We are avid plinkers well thats my excuse anyway . Just wish like I said I'd kept all of them first time round.

Thing is my father worked until his retirement at Liverpool Corporation and at one point was always bringing old air rifles home. BSA Airsporters, Mod 50's, Webleys Vulcans, various old air pistols that he would come across during his daily duties, some were really knackered others like the Airsporter were mint, wish I'd kept all those too. All very old back then in the mid 80's so surely very collectable now, if I'd kept them. Still got one of the Vulcans, but thats all. So with some fore thought on my behalf the collection could've been much better . Sadly I found souped up Ford Cortina's and young ladies more interesting then . Hey ho .

For a couple of pictures of the AK styled firepower, see www.jackals-lair.com
    atb
    andy

Quote Originally Posted by 1963cockney View Post
    For a couple of pictures of the AK styled firepower, see www.jackals-lair.com
    atb
    andy
    Thanks for that Andy, have now joined, very interesting web site and a boon for Jackal fans.

Its only since joining this forum that I have learnt how to (slowly) strip a rifle and do the odd repair, I am gutted at what I have had in the past but let go because I thought it was dead......still we live and learn!

Hi all

About time I posted on this thread

There is a pic of the JK47 on the Jackal website. I know of a few places they are but not for sale. That is one I would love to have my collection.

These Jackal rifles are marmite type guns. The raised prices on these are ineviteble when people like me come on the scene and bang on about them all the time, like I used to when I first joined the forum Then went on a spending spree to collect as many as possible to either camo or convert (rough ones) or keep as standard (rare ones) Most of my collection >>HERE<<.

As for modernising these Jackals I have converted 3 stocks to fit into S200 actions

Regards
    Paddy
    BE-HAPPY-OK

There's a front sight on e bay, looks expensive in my opinion but I have no interest in Jackals and don't follow prices. See Item number: 140711724997
    I collect vintage Japanese air rifles & vintage Japanese pellets
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?