Thread: The most bizzare Webley pistol?!

The most bizzare Webley pistol?!

yep, very strange indeed

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    A CO2 conversion, if its not a mock up??? Not sire how that would work unless you had a completely differnet trigger mechanism plus a valve.....

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    A CO2 conversion, if its not a mock up??? Not sire how that would work unless you had a completely differnet trigger mechanism plus a valve.....
    Could it be a dual system set-up?
    I can't imagine anyone would want to replace the sping piston set-up with a weaker sparklet C02 pre-charge?
    How about you cock it in the conventional way compressing the spring and then compress the air in the chamber with the sparklet so that when you fire it the piston forces pre-compressed air/C02 out of the chamber?
    That would be an interesting system!
    A C02 pre-charged Spring-piston Webley Senior!

You chaps know more about these things than me, would that possibly work?

I saved a picture of it, as it's so unusual it would be a shame to see the pictures disappear:
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...8_original.jpg
    Last edited by Atlantia; 07-03-2012 at 10:38 AM.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Lawrie told me of someone who had converted a few Webley pistols but the bulb was inside of the grips. I think you just lifted the barrel a little to set the trigger and obviously to insert a pellet.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

It could have a QB 78/9 type valve & stem at the back end , then a weak spring behind the piston to knock it open ? yes very interesting
    , .22 Midas , .177 TX200 SR. ZASTAVA PISTOL.177.

I remember reading that L. Wesley had done some conversions like this I think.

Co2 conversions on Webley Senior/Mk.1 Air Pistols were carried out by John Walker of Hull.
    Nine were converted in total, of which I have one in .177, which, at the original purchasers request, is stamped as 'Number 10'.
    There is a small cylinder in the grip housing, which is filled from a bulk source via an adaptor.
    John also did Co2/PCP conversions on various Air Rifles, of which I have the only PCP conversion he did on a Webley Service Mk.II. Pictures of this and the Co2 Senior are in my sig. site.
    Sadly, John no longer caries out these conversions, and hasn't done for quite some time. Quite a lot of what he did is in the USA.
    I have no idea who carried out the conversion as shown in the auction picture.

So finally someone undid the screw that say's ''do not remove''
    In saying yes to this air rifle you are confirming that you are not a messer and are allowed to go out in public without your carer

It's surprising how many Webley Air Pistols show signs of someone trying to undo end caps.
    Putting "Do Not Remove" on them was as bad as a "Wet Paint" sign on a park bench.
    I have one example with the end cap removed, as I was hoping to get it converted by John Walker, but unfortunately this didn't happen, and I've never re-assembled it.

I remember a chap who shot field target in the 80s converting a webly premier to co2, his name was walter green , that gun looks very much like one of his

A fortunate few...

...have exceptionally well-behaved LP53s...;-)