Thread: Imp FT

Cool Imp FT

Can anyone describe or provide a photo of a .177 breech belonging to a Theo Imperator FT? I seem to remeber them as single shot. Was it probe fed? Did it have some kind of slide like RB BSA's. (BSA RB2 Stutzen was desperately bad,--I carved mine into a standard length go on ask!!) I know the twenty two was mag fed what about the .177?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Seth View Post
    BSA RB2 Stutzen was desperately bad,--I carved mine into a standard length go on ask!!
    YOU WHAT??? You chopped a Stut, the prettiest BSA ever made? 'Vandal' is too weak a word. Do you burn Stradivarius violins in an old oil barrel when the weather gets parky?

You are a brave man to advertise that particular crime in Collector's Corner. I wouldn't be suprised if you were brought before I.J. and Gareth, stripped of your anorak, cashiered and banished to the General Section.

Please tell us you renovated a rusty Lincoln Jefferies barn-find or some other act of mercy.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    YOU WHAT??? You chopped a Stut, the prettiest BSA ever made? 'Vandal' is too weak a word. Do you burn Stradivarius violins in an old oil barrel when the weather gets parky?

You are a brave man to advertise that particular crime in Collector's Corner. I wouldn't be suprised if you were brought before I.J. and Gareth, stripped of your anorak, cashiered and banished to the General Section.

Please tell us you renovated a rusty Lincoln Jefferies barn-find or some other act of mercy.
    I chopped a Stut and I liked it!

I have sent you a pic to your email addy in your profile.

Basically it was a plastic loading tray with a hollow probe/pusher.

Quote Originally Posted by nurek View Post
    I have sent you a pic to your email addy in your profile.

Basically it was a plastic loading tray with a hollow probe/pusher.
    Many thanks, been trying to remember for years.

mrto

Quote Originally Posted by Big Seth View Post
    I chopped a Stut and I liked it!
    God help me,but someone else I was in conversation with on a buisness basis airgun-wise explained to me he did the same thing because conventional wisdom at the time dictated that this was the only way to achieve consistent accuracy with the thingthe exact details I forget.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    God help me,but someone else I was in conversation with on a buisness basis airgun-wise explained to me he did the same thing because conventional wisdom at the time dictated that this was the only way to achieve consistent accuracy with the thingthe exact details I forget.
    Might be because of the wood knackering the barrel harmonics, but inaccuracy from a Stut is more likely to be from a poorly-seated breech, something that can be resolved by loosening the grubscrew under the breech, wiggling the barrel to give the right clearance and tightening up the screw again. The long stocks never seemed to hurt Original Diana 50s...

Thumbs down

More to do with the front swivel fixing being the only thing holding the action at the sharp end, via a barrel band. I use slings on all my rifles and I bought the Stut when they were still in production to shoot with. From factory it was very consistant over the chrono, but 2.5'' groups at 30 yards. Not accurate enough to be humane. So first I ditched the barrel band, drilled and ran theads into the action. Next I inlet the still full length forend to take stock screws, grafted on a higher cheekpiece, refinished in BC tru oil over a rich stain. Still grouped like a shottie! So opened the barrel channel to isolate the forend from the barrel and bedded the action to the stock. No better. Finally carved the front end off out badness before flogging it. It looked pretty at all stages but guns are meant to shoot...