Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .22 Sharp Victory swop..

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Not sure if the Victory was actually superceded, it was more that most of the UK batch were capable of well over the limit unmodified and the importer stopped bringing them in. The Ace was clearly easier to geld, but by then interest in pump-ups was waning.

AFAIK the Victory is an older model than the Innova, as probably is the Ace, but weren't imported until after the Innova had a following.

Victory dates back to the 1950's (IIRC) Ace was first imported in 1983.
    Same blow off valve available for the Victory,Innova,and Ace, so regulating power not an issue.

I remember lusting after the Victory after reading the Lynton article and seeing the tiny groups he allegedly shot at 40 yards. Now of course I know those groups were probably shot at 40 feet rather than yards. Still, it looked like a very high quality rifle, which is more than I can say for the Innova. I eventually got one of these a couple of years ago - plastic breech-block, and a plastic barrel shroud - not to mention a trigger that got heavier with the number of pumps put in - what a disappointment.
    My first Innova a .177 model acquired in 1980 was accurate at 50 yards, and possibly more, though i never put it to the test.

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD JUD View Post
    My first Innova a .177 model acquired in 1980 was accurate at 50 yards, and possibly more, though i never put it to the test.
    I'm not saying the Sharp rifles are not accurate, but that the 7mm group at 40 yards was simply not possible with the pellets of that era.

I'm not saying the Sharp rifles are not accurate, but that the 7mm group at 40 yards was simply not possible with the pellets of that era.
    A monumental feat 30 years on for some rifle/pellet combinations.......
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

sharp innova

naaaaa not..7mm at 40 yards...a inch is poss if you did your bit..and there was some good ammo about then..H/N..+RWS to name a couple

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by WINK View Post
    naaaaa not..7mm at 40 yards...a inch is poss if you did your bit..and there was some good ammo about then..H/N..+RWS to name a couple
    As I said, well inside the kill-zone on a giant turkey gobbler hiding in a tree at 80 yards!

I have a

Innova I in .22cal , and while I must admit she is a bit of a simple gun , nothing fancy with the poor sight and plastic reciever. She still will shoot a group as close as my Victory .22 .

The Victory is made with better materials and nicer wood . But somehow the Innova seems easier to pump 8 times and handles a tad better . I guess its just silly ol me

turkeys

As I said, well inside the kill-zone on a giant turkey gobbler hiding in a tree at 80 yards!
    naaaaa it was a pigeon