Thread: help with Webley Typhoon .22 air pistol

help with Webley Typhoon .22 air pistol

hi, i have been given an old webley typhoon pistol in pieces and i need a clear schematic to make sure all the pieces are there (i'm told they are) as im having trouble putting the trigger firing mechanism together.i have owned many guns and stripped a few for maintenance but this is just doing my head in! It looks so simple yet i just cant get things to marry up!
    so any help would be much appreciated.I understand webley have given the licence to another maker and these pistols are of poor quality? well this is an original if there are any parts that are different.hope someone can help.

there is an original Owners Manual up for bids on the well-known auction site......

john
    Air Arms TX200HC .177, Hawke AIRMAX 3-9x40 AO
    Air Arms S400F carbine .177, Hawke AIRMAX 4-12x40 AO

spare parts diagram and list

from Chambers and Co

http://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdispl...+%281987-92%29
    Air Arms TX200HC .177, Hawke AIRMAX 3-9x40 AO
    Air Arms S400F carbine .177, Hawke AIRMAX 4-12x40 AO

Manual for Tempest at

http://mediacdn.shopatron.com/media/.../131036442.pdf

Internals the same (powerplant uses different components on Typhoon), but trigger is the same.

thanks!

what a great site thanks so much to all who helped get me the info.

The new Typhoon is nothing like the old Typhoon.(which basically is a smaller Hurricane iirc).
    The new 1 is made in Turkey, semi recoilless, has a dreadfull trigger and finish to match.
    For trigger and disassembly etc, any Tempest or Hurricane manual will do for you
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    The new Typhoon is nothing like the old Typhoon.(which basically is a smaller Hurricane iirc).
    The new 1 is made in Turkey, semi recoilless, has a dreadfull trigger and finish to match.
    For trigger and disassembly etc, any Tempest or Hurricane manual will do for you
    well after looking at all the info provided by yourself and others i may have the newer model! all of the grip and chamber housing is plastic with a kind of recoil damper design. even the trigger assembly is plastic! this is where im stuck. none of the schematic's look anything like what i have.there are 3 riveted metal parts a couple of springs a plastic trigger 2 stage i reckon all housed in this plastic housing that slots onto the spring/plunger chamber. all the yrigger parts are held in place by loosly fitted pins.
    its a piece of junk to be honest,not like the tempest i used to own,that was a nice all metal pistol.I'm surprised Webley & Scott made this! it's an embarrassment .

Quote Originally Posted by robertgunny View Post
    I'm surprised Webley & Scott made this! it's an embarrassment .
    Webley didn't make it, but sadly they did put their name on it (Hatsan model 25). They still appear in the 2012 Highland Outdoors catalogue.

Manual available here, but it doesn't cover stripping http://www.hatsan.com.tr/airguns_manual.asp

Thumbs up great

well after my last post saying my view was this must be the "rip off webley" someone has sent me an email with just the pictures i needed to put this sham pistol back together again and i cant thank you enouge
    The spring has seen better days as have the plunger/cocking lever,ive had to file smooth the cocking slide as it had become so tatty (no grease!) so i dont know whether its worth the cash to purchase a new spring. I dont think the guy who im piecing it back together for realises its not a true webley typhoon!
    anyhow you have ALL been great helping me out as well as educating me a little more about the pistol & it's real origins of manufacture. glad i joined.great to see such a crew who keep the torch lit for us shooters who respect & fight for the right to legally own weapons.