Thread: 5.6mm oversize pellets for webley premier

5.6mm oversize pellets for webley premier

Hi

Im looking for some 5.6 rather than 5.5mm pellet for a webley premier as regular 5.5 seem to just drop into the barrel. Can anyone recommend a decent quality pellet that isnt the wasp which seem to be rather pants in quality.

Weirdly - my pre-war Mk1 is fine with standard 5.5's

Premier pistol ammo

The latest version of the Bulldog pellets work well in my own Premiers, and they don't cost too much!
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

Ian,
    I may have some, got boat loads of old slugs, will have a dig around for you. if i find any will post em on to you. The one your getting is fine with wasps so will send you the ones i have left.
    Regards
    Carl

Try Bisley Practice, they work miracles in some older guns - I find they are superb in AA sidelevers for example and being flat heads are good for target shooting out to 30m with rifles- groups start to open up a bit after that but they will be fine if they suit your pistol...and they are not too heavy (13.8 I think?) and not too expensive.
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Try Milbro Caledonian Ultra, they go really well in my old Vulcan barrel but are a tight fit in the Longbow barrel (made by Walther), so that implies to me that they are 5.56 ans might be good for your Premier.

RWS Hobbys all I really use in my Tempest - 5.56 barrel. The new Wasps are useless in the aforementioned, however they work fine in my Airsporter..