Thread: Airsporter RB stutzen stock finish

Airsporter RB stutzen stock finish

I have quite a nice example of one of these, except it had a shiny clear varnish finish.
    Was this the standard finish? It was hideous and I either had to sell the gun or try stripping and oil finishing it.
    Anyway, did the latter, and it now looks like a HW type clean matte style finish. Infinitely better. Still like to know about the factory finish if anyone knows, please

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I would have said that someone must have varnished it as the ones I've always seen had a satin finish to them very much like the HW stocks.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    My good mate "Johnbaz" knows quite a bit about this sort of thing and with a bit of luck, will be along to explain more !

Brider,
    “An airgun or two”………

I have a Stutzen and a Stutzen RV and they both have a "shiney" look to them - but I believe they are oil finished like the Centenary Airsporter ( also has a shiney finish).
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

The stutzen is now for sale.
    Along with a less glamorous stablemate.
    Just seen something I want at t' phoenix

More usual to find a satin finish, but it would buff up. Cut the wood off in front of the cocking lever and fix the front end to the action with screw head bolts! It'll shoot better!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Seth View Post
    More usual to find a satin finish, but it would buff up. Cut the wood off in front of the cocking lever and fix the front end to the action with screw head bolts! It'll shoot better!
    Good idea. I also think I'll fit my old Ferrari with a Nissan diesel engine, it will be infinitely more economical and practical.

Satin finish on both my Stutzens, but it definitely is a lacquer, and that is the way it should remain, anything else will look messed with.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS