Thread: Stck wanted for FWB 2000 LR Match Rifle

Stock wanted for FWB 2000 LR Match Rifle

As title, the last few times that I've used my FWB 2000 LR the stock has creaked and flexed, and today I realised that it's cracked at the wrist. I'm looking for a replacement stock that the action will drop straight down into, would consider the whole rifle if needed.

Thanks,

Vic Thompson.
    Last edited by Vic Thompson; 06-07-2012 at 08:14 AM.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Vic
    That has got to be as rare as rocking horse ****!!! The chances of a stock are pretty unlikely, but Ian Shirra Gibb would be your best bet, he at least is old enough to have seen one!
    If you had infilling and inletting available the 300SU air rifle stock is the same externally, but that would be a pretty big job, or better to drill and pin/glue up the wrist with either a wooden dowel or I've seen them done nicely with an alloy bar.
    Best of Luck
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

thanks for the reply, I'll give Ian a call tomorrow and see if he can help. I've made a temporary repair using a wall bolt intended for use on Thermalite Blocks, and it seems to be holding at the moment, but I'd like a replacement just to be on the safe side. It's a pity that the stock failed because the gun shoots so well, better than anything else I've ever shot with.

Vic T

Would a newer FWB smallbore stock fit? I have it in my mind that FWB haven't changed the action diameter/bedding bolt location.

Check out a company called Knight's Guitars, they will be able to fix it and refinish it as good as new for a lot less than a replacement stock. I've seen them advertising on one of the airgun forums, their work is second to none

FWB stock

I have a virtually unused fully adjustable, laminated, 3 position stock for the FWB 2000. it is complete with its fully adjustable buttplate and quick release handstop, it also has adjustable balance weights and I think I even have the palm shelf.

It is also complete with its FWB electronic trigger!!

If you are interested I will take some picture for you. This is a fantastic stock and makes the 2000 something special. The electronic trigger is brilliant.
    I bought this as a spare for my FWB but I dont think I will ever need it so I could be tempted
    Regards
    Norm
    Last edited by norm; 03-07-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Pictures emailed

Now sorted thanks to Norman.

Vic Thompson.