View Poll Results: Would you be interested in an LSR open class?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes as suggested in starter post

3 50.00%
  • No, LSR is for sporting rifles

3 50.00%
  • Other

0 0%

Thread: LSR open class?

LSR open class?

Hello,
    I wouldn't mind entering the LSR competitions as I used to do well but nowadays my current favourite gun doesn't meet the regulations and considering the difference or gap between LSR and 10m it seems like an open or unlimited class could be worth a poll..

I was thinking LSR but with heavier rifles, any sights and lighter triggers allowed, I did think about the no purpose designed match rifle rule but really given some models like the steyr HP it would seem pointless if the maximum weight was increased.

Anyway I've made this a poll..
    The options are pretty self explanatory but if choosing "other" please specify.

Regards
    Jonathan

You'll be wanting slings and jackets next, then start wearing funny shoes.

I find the attraction of LSR is I can use exactly the same set up as I use for hunting.

If you want something different then why not start up a new sport HTR, Heavyweight Trickedup Rifle

Lol, I'd draw the line at slings and jackets

Tennis is played with tennis rackets and for cricket you use bats.

The LSR rules are clear and simple:

Weight + glove max. 4.5kg
    Minimum trigger weight 500g
    Calibre .22RF or less if air\CO2 is used

Why complicate them?

There are already plenty of "tricked up" LSRs out there that bear little resemblance to "sporting rifles". Anyway it is only the minority of LSRs that are used for purposes other than target shooting.

Last year the NSRA ran a trial that allowed air rifles to be used in some of the prone competitions. If you want variety you would be better off trying that or lobbying for use of air rifles in the standing and kneeling leagues.

Rutty

I've voted yes, because I proposed to NSRA some moons ago (August 2010) that there could be some interest in an open class, to run alongside and separately from the present class.

In our club we have between 40 and 50 members, of which about 12 to 14 shoot LSR, and of them about 8 shoot it seriously enough to enter postal competitions. All of us who shoot it have rifles dedicated to LSR. The other members don't.

Standing shots are usually feared in FT and HFT; shooting LSR certainly helps with technique, although it has to be said there is a world of difference between a light sporter such as say a S400 or a BSA Ultra and an EV2 or a Walther with a big Nikko on top.

I can see a potential market for a class that permits FT shooters to use their FT rigs, and HFTers to use their HFT rigs. We shoot our LSR in our local village hall which we suitably modified for the purpose. There are countless village halls up and down the country that could be pressed into service as indoor ranges, at not much expense. You don't need HO approval for sub 12fpe.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee