Thread: Breda air rifle, Any info????

Question Breda air rifle, Any info????

Hi all

The chap that I buy airguns from on a faily regular basis showed me a break barrel air rifle called a Breda (can't remember the mod number), i've never heard of Breda guns before and when I googled them, the only hits were for Shotties, machine guns and 20mm cannons

The rifle barrel lock is through the centre of the cocking link and when operated, is silky smooth and silent!!

On the sheet of paper that he gave me with the list of guns he was selling was the name Breda but I didn't really give it a second thought as i'd never heard of it and just thought it was a hungarian rough cheapy thing but on the contrary, it's a very well made gun with a hefty wide breech block and i'm now thinking of making it my 'next buy'!!! (the Milbro Diana mod55 may have to wait 'til the next buy!!!)..

Any info anyone???

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Hmmm

Just found THIS but Frakor has removed the images, it sounds the same gun though with the barrel release catch passing through the cocking link....

John

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    There was the BREMA which was a nasty Italian copy of the Original Diana 35 once reviewed in Airgun World in the 1980s.

Is yours actually a Slavia, made in the CZ factory? Just that it sounds like one.

brereda are the company whose most well know gun is the duck f*cker

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    There was the BREMA which was a nasty Italian copy of the Original Diana 35 once reviewed in Airgun World in the 1980s.

Is yours actually a Slavia, made in the CZ factory? Just that it sounds like one.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooksey13 View Post
    brereda are the company whose most well know gun is the duck f*cker

Nope, It deffo said Breda and it sounds identical to the Italianb Trainer that was described in the link I put in reply #2...

John

BREDA Arill?

There's some mention of this airgun on an Italian forum John.

Here's a link to the page, you'll need to use the translate facility.Frustratingly photos can only be seen by members.

Try this link to google images to see the previews of those photos which show a break barrel, with the locking mechanism you describe in the non-articulated cocking arm, and through guard trigger adjustment.

I hope the above is of some interest, no doubt Frank will be along shortly with several different versions and the full story.

Breda pics

Here are some pics.

All I can say is ,it is a very solid rifle NOT at all like a Brema (the Diana copy).

This is what I wrote some time ago:

This is a "liberated" Italian Army Training Air Gun that should have been DESTROYED by the Army!,because it is not allowed (in Italy) to let Army surplus to fall in to Civilian Hands !

It was made by the "BREDA" factory in Italy in the 1960's ?

Stamped on top of the cylinder "BREDA-ARILL-BREDA".

The trigger adjustment is a very old fashioned style screw through the trigger guard.

To "break"the barrel ,you have to slide the knob in the cocking lever to the rear,again this is a very old disign.

Caliber is 4,5 mm and the barrel is rifled.
    As far as I know they managed to "SAVE" only a few from distruction.
    Allthough it is made in the old-fashioned style,it is very well made,every thing is made out off solid steel and there are NO stamped parts.
    It must have been made specially for the army as a trainer,because this gun never was sold on the private market in Italy.
    In the 1970's the Italian Army used the Diana model 35 as the official training rifle.

--------------------------------
    Frank
    Last edited by frakor; 26-07-2012 at 07:09 AM. Reason: added some txt

Quote Originally Posted by frakor View Post
    Here are some pics.

All I can say is ,it is a very solid rifle NOT at all like a Brema (the Diana copy).

This is what I wrote some time ago:

This is a "liberated" Italian Army Training Air Gun that should have been DESTROYED by the Army!,because it is not allowed (in Italy) to let Army surplus to fall in to Civilian Hands !

It was made by the "BREDA" factory in Italy in the 1960's ?

Stamped on top of the cylinder "BREDA-ARILL-BREDA".

The trigger adjustment is a very old fashioned style screw through the trigger guard.

To "break"the barrel ,you have to slide the knob in the cocking lever to the rear,again this is a very old disign.

Caliber is 4,5 mm and the barrel is rifled.
    As far as I know they managed to "SAVE" only a few from distruction.
    Allthough it is made in the old-fashioned style,it is very well made,every thing is made out off solid steel and there are NO stamped parts.
    It must have been made specially for the army as a trainer,because this gun never was sold on the private market in Italy.
    In the 1970's the Italian Army used the Diana model 35 as the official training rifle.

--------------------------------
    Frank

Many thanks Frank- that is the exact gun

Cheers, John

I know it's not much help, but i have a Breeda shot gun, it is identical to a berretta and people have informed me Breeda would buy mechanism's from different gun manufactors and then add their own stock

mine is an excellent gun

Quote Originally Posted by s.mcc View Post
    I know it's not much help, but i have a Breeda shot gun, it is identical to a berretta and people have informed me Breeda would buy mechanism's from different gun manufactors and then add their own stock

mine is an excellent gun
    Don't know what they do now, but certainly was not the case when my Breda shottie was made.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hi all

The chap that I buy airguns from on a faily regular basis showed me a break barrel air rifle called a Breda (can't remember the mod number), i've never heard of Breda guns before and when I googled them, the only hits were for Shotties, machine guns and 20mm cannons

The rifle barrel lock is through the centre of the cocking link and when operated, is silky smooth and silent!!

On the sheet of paper that he gave me with the list of guns he was selling was the name Breda but I didn't really give it a second thought as i'd never heard of it and just thought it was a hungarian rough cheapy thing but on the contrary, it's a very well made gun with a hefty wide breech block and i'm now thinking of making it my 'next buy'!!! (the Milbro Diana mod55 may have to wait 'til the next buy!!!)..

Any info anyone???

Cheers, John
    Can't be many in this country, If I was in your position I know what I would do! means we may have to make do
    with a few less cans of baked beans for a while

Quote Originally Posted by CHJF177 View Post
    Can't be many in this country, If I was in your position I know what I would do! means we may have to make do
    with a few less cans of baked beans for a while

Ha Ha Ha!!!

I'll be buying it along with loads of others that he has!!

Up to now i've bought these from him...

Webley Premier mk2

Webley Junnior- two of + 1 Junior mk2

Webley Hawk mk3

Webley Mk1 air rifle

Webley Mk3

ASI Statical

Anzcutz mod275

BSA Cadet

I'm sure there's others that i've forgotten about too...

He still has loads of guns that I want to buy from him, they include-

Original mod 35

Original mod 45

Original mod 50

Two Webley Service rifles

Lincoln Jeffries Millitia .177

.25 Millitia

Haenel mod V

Airsporter mk2 .177

And of course the Breda

All I have to do now is acquire the Wonga!!!

John