Thread: alecto= blisters

alecto= blisters

I shot my alecto so much yesterday ive now got a blister at the base of my thumb. Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by mogi View Post
    I shot my alecto so much yesterday ive now got a blister at the base of my thumb. Is this normal?
    I get sore points on different parts of my hand when shooting different pistols. I shoot daily, and for hours at a time. Ive found I have to take more regular breaks now to rest not only the hands, but arms are suffering now. I now have tendinitis in both elbows, tennis elbow in right arm and golfers in the left. With the Alecto, the lower part of middle finger used to get sore where it touches the moulding of the grip (underside). I took the palm shelf off, and don't have the problem anymore. I find the grip too cramped with the shelf, and don't find the balance is altered too much, plus I can alter my grip on he gun to suit my style. It shows you're putting the practice time in if you're suffering a bit.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Do you jushave to fully loosen the two torx screws to take the palm shelf off? Cheers for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by mogi View Post
    Do you jushave to fully loosen the two torx screws to take the palm shelf off? Cheers for the reply
    Yes. Just remove screws.You can easily put on, or take off palm shelf. I keep putting mine back on to try it, but always seem to prefer it off.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.