Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSA RB2 Stutzen .22 calibre Airsporter and Airsporter Centenary .22 calibre.

BSA RB2 Stutzen .22 calibre Airsporter and Airsporter Centenary .22 calibre.

I am going to sell a couple of my BSA Airsporters to raise some cash to pay for a match rifle and would appreciate some help with the valuation before I advertise them.

The RB2 is in superb condition - I have not fired it yet, but I will do so tomorrow to make sure everything works as good as it looks. The stock has a nice colour and grain and I can't see any marks of any type anywhere. The blue is also as good as it should be for a rifle in this excellent condition. I do have a 3-9 x 40 Hawke scope on it with a solid one piece mount, but I am guessing I may as well keep the scope and mount as it won't make that much difference to the selling price? The front sight with hood and rear sight are in place.

The Centenary Airsporter is also .22 and has it's cardboard box, cloth badge, paperwork etc, and the certificate has been framed to keep it perfect. The carry case has broken handles that appear to have gone brittle and broken into a few pieces ( something I am told is fairly common) but all the handle pieces are in a clear zip seal bag. The rifle had never been shot until recently, but I put a few shots through it indoors to check everything worked OK - and it did - no problem!

If I can raise some good money on these two I will sell them both, but I realise I may never find as good an example of either of them again so if they are not worth much I will keep them and save up for a bit longer.

I will take some pictures if the ball park valuations suggest selling them would help me buy the new match rifle.
    Last edited by zooma; 06-08-2012 at 08:54 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Both of these are desirable and very fine examples of classic BSA, very best of luck with sale.

Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    Both of these are desirable and very fine examples of classic BSA, very best of luck with sale.
    Thanks - as soon as I get some idea about what they may be worth I will advertise them here as I would like them both to go to a good home.

Hello ,

The RB2 ~ £250:00
    The Centenary ~ £450:00

Sam

in excellent condition the rb2 £350

the centenary i have never seen one under £500 in excellent condition as a rough guess £600 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,these are well capable of fetching £400 and £600 pending condition , cal, etc ,etc

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    in excellent condition the rb2 £350

the centenary i have never seen one under £500 in excellent condition as a rough guess £600 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,these are well capable of fetching £400 and £600 pending condition , cal, etc ,etc
    Thanks for that - those prices are a bit closer to what I thought they would probably be.

I will put some pictures up for the Stutzen tomorrow - I shot it for the first time today ( indoors) and it is nice - and with a fair bit of power too - it really hit my bell target hard!

I was impressed to be honest - I am almost having second thoughts about it now - but I can't keep them all if I want a new match rifle so my Airsporter Mk1, 2 and 3 may also have to go to help with the war effort .

Stutzen at around the £300 mark and complete Centenary outfit has to be worth nearer to £600 IMHO

John

Centenary

If mint with everything, including tele sight and sling etc I'd be wanting at least £700-£800, but as with everything, only worth whats someones willing to pay. I'd put it up at the higher end and see how it goes, you can always come down in price. These are a fantastic piece of kit and quality made. good luck., cheers Roll

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Thanks for that - those prices are a bit closer to what I thought they would probably be.

I will put some pictures up for the Stutzen tomorrow - I shot it for the first time today ( indoors) and it is nice - and with a fair bit of power too - it really hit my bell target hard!

I was impressed to be honest - I am almost having second thoughts about it now - but I can't keep them all if I want a new match rifle so my Airsporter Mk1, 2 and 3 may also have to go to help with the war effort .
    yes no probs ,,,think thats the lowest price to its just taking into account the lack of cash about and have seen the centenary advertised for sale of up to £750 ,,,,weather it went for that is another thing,,,,,,,,also i just advertised 3 stutzens for sale and one was the rb2 which infact i ended up swapping as had not much interest but did have loads of comments and all good ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,my rb2 was priced at a good price elsewhere but in the end had a better result with a swap so may be worth going down that route if you were after anything else ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if my sons had any interest in guns i would have kept them but i seem to be going from pcp to springers now back to pcp ,,,,,,atb anyway

hi i recently bought a centenary mint boxed unfired with everything and i paid £450 as the guy could not sell it and had little interest

The Selling price for a Centenary is £450 though they are worth a tad more probably £500, but the insurance value is £650 if you get my drift. .177 are rarer and worth £70 plus more. I wouldn't part with my .177 for less than £600. The real problem with them are that too many remain mint; possibly 80% and they don't have any advantage, shooting wise, over an Airsporter S which are not exactly long range tack drivers.

The Stuzen's sell fast at £250 but are probably worth £300 in near mint condition. Mint might secure £350 as they are so desirable and popular; they are meant to shoot the best of all Airsporters.

Thanks for your thoughts everyone.

I think I will advertise my Stutzen for £325 and see how it goes.

With the advert I will post some pictures to show it is very close to being in mint condition and it shoots really well with a lot of power. I know the description "mint" has a wide degree of interpretation, and some of the "mint" rifle's I have gone to see have only been "good" in my opinion, so some pictures will help - but a "hands-on" is by far the best way to go for the seller and the buyer.

If I can't sell it at that price I would be happy to keep it safe for a few more years as I doubt I could replace it with one in better condition in any case.

The idea of finding a good swap or some form of px is also appealing for the Centenary. If I cannot sell it for something close to the going rates mentioned for this prestine and complete boxed example (fired 10 shots my myself indoors only from new), then a deal with a good (mint) match rifle is a possibility that could interest me.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts everyone.

I think I will advertise my Stutzen for £325 and see how it goes.

With the advert I will post some pictures to show it is very close to being in mint condition and it shoots really well with a lot of power. I know the description "mint" has a wide degree of interpretation, and some of the "mint" rifle's I have gone to see have only been "good" in my opinion, so some pictures will help - but a "hands-on" is by far the best way to go for the seller and the buyer.

If I can't sell it at that price I would be happy to keep it safe for a few more years as I doubt I could replace it with one in better condition in any case.

The idea of finding a good swap or some form of px is also appealing for the Centenary. If I cannot sell it for something close to the going rates mentioned for this prestine and complete boxed example (fired 10 shots my myself indoors only from new), then a deal with a good (mint) match rifle is a possibility that could interest me.

hope you do well with the sales , and yes 325 in a very good price, for any less i would keep to , the swap/exchange may give you another option ,,,,,,,,,,,,,and may open the doors to other people ,,,,,,,i had quite a few guns here but now have stopped buying ,,,,,,,if i fancy something i will sell one or two then buy or even just swap ,,,,,,,,,

My RV2 Stutzen has been passed on to a local shooter so it has found a good home, so now I just have the Centenary to find a good home for along with my Mk1, Mk2, Mk3 and .177 Stutzen (not RV).

I will get some pictures done and an advert prepared.

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.
    If there have ever been better looking spring air rifles made that the Centenery and Stutzens I've yet to seem em, beautiful things. Why BSA don't make a modern version with a slick modern trigger I don't know, I'd buy one in a heartbeat!