Thread: Help with Hy Score Target Air Gun

Help with Hy Score Target Air Gun

Hello, everybody! I hope that I am posting to the right forum. I am new here.

I have an old Hy Score airgun model 825 T. It says on the gun "Cal. 4,5/.177, Made in Germany for Hy Score Arms, Corp., Brooklyn, N.Y." and, in German, "Patent pending."

The user's manual is missing and trying to get information on the Internet, after long searching hours, has been futile.

I would like to know if this gun fires BBs and pellets, if it fires them one at a time or in a automatic repetitive way, how to load it and its possible value should I decide to sell it. The gun is in excellent condition. I will be very grateful for all the information that anyone can provide. A link to the user's manual would be nice too as the main purpose of this inquiry is to learn how to use the gun and do target shooting as I used to when I had some air rifles years back.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi and WELCOME to the BBS (and this, the best bit, by a clear country mile ). Am sure someone will be along to help in a moment or two, but meanwhile, why not use the BBS search feature (top right) and see what that turns up? Atb, and once again, WELCOME to the BBS: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thanks!

Thanks, Gareth, for the warm welcome. I will do what you suggest.

All the best to you.

Welcome to the Collector's section of the BBS, Don.

Your Hyscore is in all probability a German M&G Diana product. M&G lost the use of their Diana trademark following the end of WW2 and in the UK, Diana airguns became known as Originals when they were reintroduced. In the states, Stoeger imported the better quality Diana rifles, whilst Hyscore took care of the cheaper market. I'm not overly familiar with which Diana airguns match up with Hyscore product numbers but perhaps if you can post a link to some pictures, a more knowledgeable collector may well identify it for you and answer your questions.

All the very best,

John

It should be an Original Diana/RWS Model 5G. A mid-range, medium power, break-barrel, single shot pellet firing ar pistol made in various forms by Original Diana/RWS from circa 1957 until the 1980s. Google should help you find all you need - but bear in mind there is a newer RWS model 5 that looks quite similar, but is a different larger gun made in China.

It should look something like the guns in this link:

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Air-Pistols...le-gs9821.aspx

Still in limbo

I would like to thank Geezer, John (& Josie) and Gareth W-B for the lovely replies and assistance.

I am writing this message while you all are either asleep or having your first cup of coffee. There is a five-hour difference between UK and where I am.

I have searched this forum (a nice forum, by the way) and I have also spent quite a few hours searching through Google but all my efforts have been fruitless thus far. Nowhere is mentioned the specific air pistol that I own (Hy Score mod. 825T) Geezer and John offered very precise and technical information about similar pistols but my requirements are quite simple: How do I load this thing and what's the purpose, if any, of what seems to be a safety device that is located, of all places, right under the trigger (an odd location, in my opinion, as it can be deactived by accident) "Discovering" that device and almost dislocating some fingers trying to "break" the pistol open have been two of my recent "achievements."

A user's manual describing the pistol's features, maintenance and operation would have been the ideal thing. Perhaps someone in this forum can provide more details. Asking how to load this pistol may sound laughable to someone who owns or has owned a similar piece of hardware but this is my first experience with this thing. I owned airgun rifles years ago but never a pistol.

I am attaching two photos hoping that they can be of some help (I hope the links can be opened)

All the best to you all.

http://dropgallery-main.s3.amazonaws...8722708623.jpg
    http://dropgallery-main.s3.amazonaws...8722517121.jpg

Hi Don , It looks to be what we know as the Model 5 , you should be able to give the barrel a sharp tap
    to dislodge it then break it until it locks onto the sear, insert a pellet , safety off and fire , it is not made for bb's ,
    , .22 Midas , .177 TX200 SR. ZASTAVA PISTOL.177.

Follow what Bobby says.
    It operates as any break barrel rifle or pistol does.
    If you cant break the barrel it may be broken.
    You may have to put the safety on before you can break the barrel and cock.
    Cant think of anything else.

Here's a link to a small pdf download of the Diana Mod.5G Manual ,go to p.5 unless you can read german.

It shows the later crackle finish on the frame, but will hopefully be of use. HTH

Thanks, Bobby1!

Great information. I appreciate your help very much. Thanks to you I know now that the pistol is not made for bbs.

All the best.

Thanks, Gingernut!

Great information indeed.

All the best.

Great help, 18 Wheeler!

I have finally learned all there is to know about the pistol that I own. Everybody's assistance has been great. I will print the manual that you have attached to your message.

I am very grateful for your assistance.

All the best.

Hi Don,

This may be of interest to you

Item number: 190715323236

On that auction site.

Kind regards,
    John