Thread: Should all new air cylinders be date stamped?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    There is no requirement for them to be date stamped, air gun cylinders are under the legal size to be covered by pressure vessel legislation, this issue origanaly came from Germany, where of course they are all stamped, it is not a legal requirement nor an ISSF requirement, the Germans do it for their own interest and a***covering!

Being Italians Benelli will of course do their own thing, in their own inimitable Italian style!
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Thanks for that Robin -and I fully understand your comments about the Italian interpretation of the need ( or not) to stamp an air cylinder now and again - and possibley if the mood takes them.

I bought a new Benelli Kite Young in 2011 and the two cylinders were correctly stamped 2011.

My eldest son bought himself a new Benelli Kite in 2011 and neither of his two cylinders had a date stamp on them.

Being very happy with my Kite Young and my son's Kite I decided to reinvest some cash I had from another target pistol I had just passed on to a fellow club member earlier this year, and buy a new Kite for myself.

This also came with two unstamped cylinders ( also in two different shades of blue!) so it seems like Benelli stamp them..sometimes!

All other manufacturers seem to date stamp their cylinders - every time..unless you know different.

I also think most other manufacturers make the effort to get a uniform colour on their cylinders too!

We like our Benelli pistols very much - but a little more effort and attention to detail would have been nice.
    Last edited by zooma; 24-08-2012 at 04:49 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.