Thread: Greetings from West Yorkshire, England!

Greetings from West Yorkshire, England!

Hello everybody!

I'm an ex-Air Cadet who used to shoot competitively with air rifles and .22 rifles before leaving a few years ago. I own a .22 BSA Meteor and a .177 GAT, which are both about 30 to 40 years old if I am correct. They used to belong to my uncle, but the rifle got traded in exchange for some building work many years ago. I eventually tracked it down and bought it back for £100. The outside is a little tarnished from lack of maintenence, but it still works flawlessly all these years later!

My current main hobby is computer gaming and modding. I have just finished a 2 year course in computer game development and hope to put what I have learned to good use, even if it isn't for profit at the moment. I also built my own PC as I like the ability to pick all of the best parts for my needs. It also means I know the machine better than one just bought from the shelf.

I hope to get a MKII or III MG B Roadster as my first car soon. I have basic mechanical training, as well as a keen interest for classic cars and a technical mind. Even with the maintenence that comes with owning a classic car, the MG B would work out far cheaper to run than any modern car, for a young driver like myself. It also cannot be denied that it is a thousand times nicer than a 1L Corsa!

I am a big fan of revolvers; my favourites being the S&W TRR8 and the Colt Python. I also love the HK USP Match (which obviously isn't a revolver). Sadly, living in the UK means I will never get to own one.

I just got back from a two week holiday in France a few days ago. I stayed with a good friend I met on the internet a long time back. After staying in his house I have gun fever and want to get a new air pistol, as it's the best I can get in the UK. It's a surreal experience being in a house full of firearms, but I totally enjoyed it!

Anyway, I've noticed I'm writing far too much (I have a tendancy to do that)! I think I've covered my three main interests (Cars, Guns, Computers) thoroughly.

Nice to meet you guys, and have some people to talk to about air rifles / pistols without telling me "Guns are evil!" like my mother does!

Hello mate .

And welcome to the forum .

All the best .

Andy .
    " Never mistake kindness for weakness "

Welcome to the forum

Hi there and welcome to the forum i am based in west yorkshire as well so PM me and we have a chat

Thought i'd say hi to fellow yorkshiremen, i'm from the north however!

All the best!

Sat

hi and welcome

Hi and welcome to the forum, good intro post most people say hardly anything
    then disappear for ever, so post on a regular basis become a keyboard warrior
    we have enough already,lots of info and help on ,enjoy your shooting.
    atb brian

A very warm welcome to this fine forum it’s good to have you join us ………………….…