Thread: euroarms non-firing replica?

euroarms non-firing replica?

i have been offered for sale a euroarms replica enfield musketoon. is this possible, do they make dedicated wall hangers?
    FWB 65/100/P8X, Diana LP6/8/10, Weihrauch HW30/45/40, Tau-7, S&W79G, Hammerli Master, FAS604, Skan Mini M32, SLR98, TX200HC

Euroarms

Euroarms kit in my experience is good quality and as close to the original pattern as possible along with Uberti, and in my opinion streets ahead of Pietta etc. I do not believe they have ever offered wall hangers, therefore I would guess it has been dewatted by a previous owner or possibly the vending Gunsmith. Only a guess though, If you are in to that sort of thing go for it, a mate of mine has a JP Murray which looks superb and shoots as good as it looks.
    HTH's
    H

Cool

Thanks Homer,

That confirmed what I thought after some research on the web. I saw this rifle on a second hand auction site here in Norway. The seller said it was non-firing but made by Euroarms, which did not make sense to me. I have made a gamble and bought it on the off chance that it is a functioning musketoon. I fancied one of those anyway. It was advertised at 110 GBP so if I am lucky I got myself a bargain.

Keep my fingers crossed til the thing arrives in the post.

Rob
    FWB 65/100/P8X, Diana LP6/8/10, Weihrauch HW30/45/40, Tau-7, S&W79G, Hammerli Master, FAS604, Skan Mini M32, SLR98, TX200HC

Parker-Hale certainly offered deactivated Musketoons in the late 80's early 90's. There was one on the wall of Shelton's in Stanground for a number of years.

What has this to do with Euro-Arms? Well, much of the take-over production when P-H went bust as a gunmaking concern went to Euro-Arms, who continued making what they could until the last genuine P-H stock of barrels ran out. Since that time they have made their own actions and barrels et al.

I'm telling you this because the P-H deacts had a number of elongated holes cut unto the barrels underneath where it would not show - there is no way on earth that such a gun could be made to fire with safety. What you may have might possibly be one of these - AFAIK E-A do not make any wall-hangers.

tac

Unhappy

Hi Tac,

Thanks, that is unwelcome but interesting news.
    I have to keep my hope up because this gun was apparently bought new only 2-3 years ago.
    Then again, the previous owner did not seem to have much of a clue about it.
    I will do a check as soon as I get the gun, or at least before I fire it!
    I am new to these types of guns, is it easy to take the stock of?
    I guess, just tap the barrel bands off, towards the muzzle end?

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    Hi Tac,

Thanks, that is unwelcome but interesting news.
    I have to keep my hope up because this gun was apparently bought new only 2-3 years ago.
    Then again, the previous owner did not seem to have much of a clue about it.
    I will do a check as soon as I get the gun, or at least before I fire it!
    I am new to these types of guns, is it easy to take the stock of?
    I guess, just tap the barrel bands off, towards the muzzle end?
    Put the action on half-cock and carefully slacken off the lockplate screws on the left hand side. Leaving them in place, gently tap them to push the lock out of the stock, and when it is clear, remove it.

Then, undo the nail - the large threaded bolt on the action/barrel tang, and put it to one side.

Then- carefully noting that the barrel bands have the screw-head on the LEFT, slacken them both off. Holding the barrel tightly into the stock channel, gently slip the front and rear barrel bands off the barrel - making sure not to contact the barrel at any point.

Replace by putting the barrel back on first, then the bands, then the nail, then the lockplate.

IF it is a live gun - we must talk again about getting the best out of it. They CAN be great shooters.

tac
    Last edited by tacfoley; 12-09-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Tac,

Thanks for the excellent description.
    Also, good to hear someone say that they can be great shooters.
    I have heard mostly negative comments about accuracy but I fancied one anyway, just for the looks.
    I thought it might only be OK for Lamarmora?
    Now lets wait and see what I get......

Thanks again,

Rob

Rob - have a look here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvCsmZPBUPY

Off the elbows, mine, a VERY early production gun with a serial # less than 1400, puts ten shots into three inches at 50m. The furthest I've ever tried it was 300m on a Fig 11 target - it was very satisfyingly accurate at that distance - all but two of the twelve shots were inside 30cm or so. Not bad for a gun that fires a end-of-thumb-sized Minié bullet with a trajectory like a dropped anvil.

tac

Unhappy disappointment

So here is the bad news. It is NOT a Euroarms. God knows what this guy was on when he identified the rifle.
    It is a definite replica not meant for anything else than hanging on the wall. It is stamped "london armoury" but looks "made in china" (is there anything those guys do not make nowadays?)
    One of those, too good to be true, stories....

Off to drown my sorrow now..

Rob