Page 24 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: The Muscle Power League - whats that then?

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Welcome aboard Raistrick ( & Co. )
    ^^^^^^^^^
    What TC1 said.......the more the merrier
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

The highest score was a FOUR!
    I'm guessing this was from our 1st aid lady??? the RMTC mole?? no name, no pack drill but the initials are Ch...ine B...ell
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Welcome aboard Raistrick ( & Co. )
    We are ideally looking for teams of ten or more as the club results are based on the average of all shooters taking part each month, and this includes the absolute beginners who naturally lower the club averages each month.

If there are so many problems with waiting lists in your area - why not form your own air weapons club?.......we did !

The MPL provides an ideal competition for new clubs to get involved with, so why not give it a go?

Previous clubs I have started have shot in garages, skittle alleys, barns, church halls, cellars - just get a couple of pals to help and you will find it dead easy to get started and join the NSRA as a club to get the required insurance etc.

Simples..
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    I'm guessing this was from our 1st aid lady??? the RMTC mole?? no name, no pack drill but the initials are Ch...ine B...ell
    We have moles?

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    We have moles?
    Yep..but I believe there is an effective cream available

If there are so many problems with waiting lists in your area - why not form your own air weapons club?.......we did !
    Working on it, I'm a tutor a student halls, so looking for space, but you'd be unsurprised that organisations don't like the word "shooting" these days. Planning to use some squash old squash courts.

Having a battle to save the clay shooting club at the moment - we've been around a few decades or more and are having our *new* gunstore removed from the student union as it was omitted from building plans! Accidentally of course... but if we can't find a new suitable place we'll be forced to have the 9 guns we own stored at a shooting ground at £3 per gun per week!
     •   Morini 200EI
    •••••  Steyr LP50E

We have moles?
    Well there certainly not beauty spots!

Most of the MPL cards for Sept have been shot tonight and last night up at Rivi. Theres one more day eligible (Sun 30th Sept) then either Mike or I will post the scores. Its going to be close.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Close is good - it's more fun.

We were very busy at the club tonight - it was nice to see our lost flock come back - and with a new guest too!

My own scores were poor - but that gives me something to beat next time!

Close is good - it's more fun.

We were very busy at the club tonight - it was nice to see our lost flock come back - and with a new guest too!

My own scores were poor - but that gives me something to beat next time!
    Thats what its all about for me to beat my last months score. Unfortunately I didn't manage it this month but that means it should be easier next month!

I also noticed tonight that Rivis 'glory hunter' had purchased an Elgamo Centre off another member when he heard how well these pistols can perform.

ATB
    Ian

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    Your getting easier than Christine to wind upMind you with a possible 6 extra points per card,it's tempting as you well know
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Thats what its all about for me to beat my last months score. Unfortunately I didn't manage it this month but that means it should be easier next month!

I also noticed tonight that Rivis 'glory hunter' had purchased an Elgamo Centre off another member when he heard how well these pistols can perform.

ATB
    Ian
    Buying the GAMO may well be a smart move.

I was too busy last night to get my GAMO Centre sights dialed-in as we wanted to give priority to anyone shooting MPL cards, but at the end of the night John and I had time for a shoot with the GAMO and I have to admit it did shoot very well and I may have done better with it if I had set it up earlier.

We had a strange problem with the sights jumping across to the left on our GAMO (the same one John had shot so well with) - more about this on the GAMO thread when we suss it out properly - but once put back in place it performed superbly again.

It seems that pressure on the sight adjusting knob when put down or in transit can pre-load the sight element, and ours actually jumped across when John was shooting it to try to find out why the pistol started shooting so far across to the left.

We think that cleaning the element and the slot it slides in may resolve the problem allowing the element to stay in place under the adjusting spring pressure - maybe a suitable lube would help too?

A small but important problem - it is important to stop the sights adjusting themselves during shooting!

ATB
    Ian
    That's no way to talk about our performance coach - his motivational methods demonstrated last night were truly inspirational; although I think hanging, drawing and quartering is extreme for failing to meet his standards.

RTM (Rivi team manager )

Buying the GAMO may well be a smart move.
    Well thats the 'naked mouse hunter' out then.

Ive got to admit the pre shoot team talk was a joy to see. The 'I will cut your trigger finger off if you dont shoot well' type of approach a bit extreme and hasn't been seen since the 1940's. Poland here we come.

ATB
    TC1 (and all digits present)

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    One does ones best to motivate team RiviI may well have a new toy to help in the quest to destroy the turncoat,traitor that goes by the alias of IJ
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

[QUOTE=zooma;5664270

We had a strange problem with the sights jumping across to the left on our GAMO (the same one John had shot so well with) - more about this on the GAMO thread when we suss it out properly - but once put back in place it performed superbly again.

It seems that pressure on the sight adjusting knob when put down or in transit can pre-load the sight element, and ours actually jumped across when John was shooting it to try to find out why the pistol started shooting so far across to the left.

We think that cleaning the element and the slot it slides in may resolve the problem allowing the element to stay in place under the adjusting spring pressure - maybe a suitable lube would help too?

A small but important problem - it is important to stop the sights adjusting themselves during shooting![/QUOTE]

When I bought my s/h Centre on Monday I noticed the windage adjustment on the sights was loose and flopping about. A quick inspection showed that the small ball and spring weren't doing their job so I fitted a 'O' ring between the windage wheel and the sight body. This caused some friction and I havent noticed the sight moving but I havent put it through its paces fully yet.

HTH
    Ian