Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSF S80 Wanted

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post

Any idea of a price, anyone please?
    Hi Hoppie (). Sold my near mint BSF S80 .22 to a chap on here F2F three years back for £125 on the nose, and have no reason to think thay have gone up much, if any? Hope this helps me old mate and hope the leg gets better soon: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    I think its because so few have been sold on here No one has a reference point
    If you try doing a search it will probably bring you back here
    I think the availability will be more of a problem than the price

Personally I NEVER do valuations but My S70 was £140 some while back without the scope
    hope that helps

mally
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Hi Hoppie (). Sold my near mint BSF S80 .22 to a chap on here F2F three years back for £125 on the nose, and have no reason to think thay have gone up much, if any? Hope this helps me old mate and hope the leg gets better soon: G.

Thank you Gents,

This fellow is after one for sentimental reasons and I will tell him £150ish

I paid £220 for one in fair condition 2 years ago, after looking for one for a while. i would be more than happy to buy another at £150 ,these are far from common air rifles and i think £150 is a tad optimistic.
    Last edited by dazmond66; 02-10-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Wink Plain-Jane but more attractive

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    My .177 S70
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user...ml?sort=3&o=28

Good luck with your search Binners

Earlier ones were much prettier much like the S70. The last ditch ones, possibly when Weihrauch owned BSF in its dying days, were ugly and angular in an attempt to look "modern". I sold a mint BSF S70 for £200 a couple of years back but then the S70 was the nicest of the bunch.

Yes I like the 70.

The 70 was a little powerhouse, a bit like the Webley Vulcan, but nicer made though old design. The problem was all that spring power was hard to control so it was still a farmyard range rifle... with a wallop.

Thats the problem with all the pre 1980's rifles they just weren't cut out for telescopic sight ranges. Perfect out to 25m, farmyard, but not enough repeatable pin point accuracy much beyond. Even with practice you just cannot guarantee pellet on pellet, and woe betide if you lean it on something. One reason for the demise of BSF, they just didn't keep up to the times.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    The 70 was a little powerhouse, a bit like the Webley Vulcan, but nicer made though old design. The problem was all that spring power was hard to control so it was still a farmyard range rifle... with a wallop.

Thats the problem with all the pre 1980's rifles they just weren't cut out for telescopic sight ranges. Perfect out to 25m, farmyard, but not enough repeatable pin point accuracy much beyond. Even with practice you just cannot guarantee pellet on pellet, and woe betide if you lean it on something. One reason for the demise of BSF, they just didn't keep up to the times.
    I agree with evreything you say and yet I love them, I allso have a BSF 55 in .177, a BSF 20 pistol .177, a BSF 54 in .177 and a recently bought from here a BSF 54 in .22(kevinronie). One day I to hope to find a BSF80 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Good afternoon Gentlemen,

I have been asked by a friend to track down one of these in VGC. I personally have never set eyes on one

So, if you have one for sale please email me a photo or two, along with a price and I will pass it on.

Thanks for looking

Bumpo