Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulmer does a strip -what's missing?

Strip

Would definately like to read your take on the QB 78.
    And Original 66.

how about this

why not devote perhaps two or free editions on how to completly revamp some of the older guns, this would include stuff like blueing, polishing and info on where abouts spares are avalible. perhaps get a beaten up webley mark1 or something similar and start from scratch.
    there are a lot of old vintage guns out there.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Hammerli Side-lever

You could try and find a Hammerli Model 4, 401 or 420. They have very long springs, and an interesting long-lever trigger mechanism and were very accurate rifles with superb barrels. And then you could sell it to me because i can't get anyone to part with theirs!

I can't BELIEVE that you have not done a strip on a Feinwerkbau Sport, shame on you!

atb alistair

Quote Originally Posted by daystateman
    why not devote perhaps two or free editions on how to completly revamp some of the older guns, this would include stuff like blueing, polishing and info on where abouts spares are avalible. perhaps get a beaten up webley mark1 or something similar and start from scratch.
    there are a lot of old vintage guns out there.
    Funny you should say that, I've got an Airsporter Mk1 that I'm going to do as you suggest very shortly. Watch this space.

The FWB sport is one I'll probably cover if I get a suitable example in my grubby little mits.

I'm mulling over the QB78 and thinking about all the little mods and tweaks I can do. It could be a short series in itself. I had a go with one only an hour or so ago and it's got a lot of potential.

Phil
    'I reject your reality and substitute my own'

Excypher Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Bulmer
    Funny you should say that, I've got an Airsporter Mk1 that I'm going to do as you suggest very shortly. Watch this space.

The FWB sport is one I'll probably cover if I get a suitable example in my grubby little mits.

I'm mulling over the QB78 and thinking about all the little mods and tweaks I can do. It could be a short series in itself. I had a go with one only an hour or so ago and it's got a lot of potential.

Phil
    tell you what you could do, me and a mate were looking for a strip of his gun. cause we lost the old mag

re run of HW45!!!

alternatively an old BSA airsporter (i have one lying around and its getting a bit crapped up and id love to get into it and lube it up again, action is very dry)

Original 75

That should keep you busy for a week or two

Richard
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

airmojo Guest

Rust Prevention

Stevenz...

RemOil or Birchwood Casey Sheath Oil is much better for wiping down your guns than WD40--both prevent rust much better. I never did the experiments, but recall reading on some airgun forums several years ago of some airgunners doing tests on what prevents rust the best; RemOil came out best.

WD40 is more of a moisture displacement agent (to displace and remove moisture/water)... best used if the gun gets rained on to eliminate water, dry it out, then use RemOil (said to be better than Sheath Oil) to really protect from rust.

Depending on the type of air gun, the WD40 could hurt seals in PCP's.

Many people coat the gun's metal with a good quality wax, but I have never tried that myself, preferring to wipe the metal off. I often use "Lundmark's Clear Paste Wax with Carnauba Wax in Turpentine" on my rifle stocks--great stuff ! Not sure how hard it would be to get over there, but I ordered it from a local hardware store or you can buy it online, like here (no. 3206):

http://www.lundmarkwax.com/retail/woodcare01.html

I try very hard not to get my guns wet, but if you hunt that could easily happen. After each shooting session I usually wipe down with a good silicone cloth that I keep handy, and I also wipe down with the soft cloth sprayed wit RemOil.

An excellent article for Airgun World (hey Phil !) would be an extensive test of various 'rust prevention' lubricants, followed up with other basic cares (like proper barrel cleaning using the proper flexible pull-thru rod, etc).

Ken H

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenz
    It's not a strip, But I would like to see an article on gun care!, I mean, I wipe my rifle down with a rag with WD40 on it?

Why dont you do the Umarex CO2 pistols i.e. Seal changing etc. I am sure many people would be interested in that.
    Lurchermiss

Quote Originally Posted by peter pounds
    Why dont you do the Umarex CO2 pistols i.e. Seal changing etc. I am sure many people would be interested in that.

I did the CP88 some years ago, never again, it's a pig. I rate it as being the hardest strip of them all.

If you have an Umarex that needs sorting, just send it back to Brocock, they don't charge the earth and they're used to doing them.

Phil
    'I reject your reality and substitute my own'

Airmojo,
    Thanks for that bit of advice & for explaining why!
    I'll give it a try!
    (Hey, that rhymes

... the list?

Phil, any chance you could publish a list of the rifles that have been striped and date of issue.

I am sure folks would be pleased to be able to home in on their favourite gun and it would help us spot the ones that are missing to date.

My interest would be in the BSA Mercury...

John

_Alex_ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Columba
    Phil, any chance you could publish a list of the rifles that have been striped and date of issue.

I am sure folks would be pleased to be able to home in on their favourite gun and it would help us spot the ones that are missing to date.

My interest would be in the BSA Mercury...

John
    I was just about to ask the same question, an index would be awfully handy!

Deano1 Guest
    Hi Phil
    how about air arms pro sport, would prefer to be able to service my own.
    Can't stand the the thought of letting parcel farce loose with it , or any other
    courier come to that,after recent balls ups

[QUOTE=Phil Bulmer]
    [i]

I mooted the idea of a book some time ago but it came to nothing. Who would be interested if back issues articles were stuffed togther as a book? It could be done but it will need to sell quite a lot to be worthwhile. I've got more than enough to keep me occupied in the school holidays, things like er..school for a start. I can't keep away from the place unfortunately.
    Phil
    Phil, there are a lot of people out there willing to buy a book of back issue articles, especially if they don't have the originals. The American "Shooting Times" magazine had a great Handgun writer for years, a gentleman by the name of Charles A. "Skeeter" Skelton. After his untimely death in El Paso, Shooting Times came out with two books of his articles, they sold like biscuits and cactus jelly at deer camp.(that means a bunch). The other thing is don't limit yourself to the British Isles, Airgunning is getting more popular here in the states, having a book showing how to disassemble, upgrade, and lube various airguns would be a welcome edition on my book shelf, but then I've also gone out of my way to find a leather bound edition of Greener's "The Gun and It's Development".

Tyke said on page 1:

"How about lubrication for dummy’s. Id be interested"

Dont you prefer Women?